PDA

View Full Version : Job/Task Paperwork

JSaeroengineer
19th Jan 2008, 20:25
Hi there,
I was wondering, at my college we are doing certain tasks/jobs to be assessed, for example the other day dissamble inspect and re-assemble an oleo strut/main undercarriage. After every task/job we do, we have to write out a job sheet, that shows the steps of what we did, methods of dis-assembly, inspection etc. Also we have to do check sheets, drawings and so on...
Is this the case on the line (or base) in "the real world".
i have heard that there are endless reams of paperwork, when inspecting/servicing etc.

Cheers

Rigga
19th Jan 2008, 21:34
Yep!

Anything you do on an aircraft system should be fully described on official paperwork, conducted in accordance with OEM and company procedures within the meaning of national and international regulations and signed for by authorised personnel working within their personal scope.

Couldn't be easier!

titenup
19th Jan 2008, 22:28
yup, cept in the real world, mostly the work task sheets are already prepared for the basic job, fill out as the work progresses, and add additional detail / tasks as you go.
old saying -
"when the weight of the paperwork equals that of the aeroplane, it will fly"

Engineeraaron
20th Jan 2008, 11:57
Dont let Ian Lucas cat you writting your work sheet up after you done your task, do it while your doing your task.

Vortechs Jenerator
23rd Jan 2008, 08:22
Some companies do have databases with pre-printed process sheets (checked for amendment at regular intervals) - with "sign off" blocks , for many recurring large complex tasks - to save you some time & ink.

Most inspection workcards on checks are like this too - describing the task and ref' and requiring 1 stamp/sig when complete.

I usually spend about an hour at the end of the day on paperwork when certifying. Give or take!

knuckledragger1
26th Jan 2008, 12:03
:)I recommend you get a stamp made up.

even if your employer has preformatted signoff sheets, you'll end up signing a heap of stuff off.