PDA

View Full Version : Work experience

garn
19th Jan 2008, 17:34
Hey,

I'm planning on applying for licensed helicopter engineer apprenticeships this year but i require as much work experience or just experience in a maintenance environment as i have no formal training.

Does anyone know of any opportunities? I'm currently talking to a good few companies about visiting them etc but i thought it relevant to ask on here as everyone here is doing what i cant wait to do!!

Thanks in advance!

SpamFritters
20th Jan 2008, 00:46
Try contacting Augusta Westlands..
They are down in Somerset but they do make merlins / linx etc

sPam =)

lovezzin
20th Jan 2008, 14:06
Its should be spelled AgustaWestland. Its based in Yeovil and offers a variety of work experiences for 16 - 18 year olds. There is also the option of apprenticeships post-18, which allows you to take either a skilled or technician route. Probably best to contact the very friendly HR dept wither by phone or email, which can be found on www.whl.co.uk (http://www.whl.co.uk)

Its a FAB company!

SpamFritters
20th Jan 2008, 14:08
I knew the spelling was something like that :}

Vaz
20th Jan 2008, 16:10
I'm looking for work experiance too. (before I start Aerospace Technology at University). Not specifically to do with aeroplanes or helicopters but something which might suppliment my knowledge or give me an introduction.

Do you think approaching flight schools around London would be of any use or should I approach a more technical/engineering sort of company?

Flingingwings
21st Jan 2008, 10:40
Vaz,

FWIW I think you'd need to find a flight school THAT also does maintenance, not all do.

Don't know about planks, but for rotary you could try LHC at Redhill or Heliair at Wycombe. Alternatively look at the bigger companies that also have engineering - Premiair at Blackbushe or Harrods at Stansted are a couple of possibles (albeit not an exhaustive list).

Good luck

FW