PDA

View Full Version : Any Shorts 330/360 pilots out there?

HighandTight
16th Sep 2001, 19:24
Hi Guys. Can anyone help?

I'm soon to complete a type rating and am trying to get an idea of what is available in terms of routes, basing and lifestyle, as well (of course) of pay and typical hours.

Also general impressions - whats your company REALLy like to work for??

Thanks in advance!
:cool:

Twosheds Jackson
21st Sep 2001, 17:35
Not bad if you can live with the relatively modest pay and flying when there's nothing to see until the outer marker. Night hours are typically short: 1930 to 0200 so plenty of time time to run other businesses which a lot of us do (and need). Also guards against the day that something beyond your control takes the yoke out of your hand. Particularly now, sadly.

Great bunch of crew, most, surprisingly, are stayers, as we like the lifestyle. Days off don't start until the day after we finish and days on don't start until the evening so a bunch of three days off means a sustantial break without the need for leave.

Good luck with the rating.

HighandTight
21st Sep 2001, 17:58
Twosheds..
Thanks for the encouragement. even with the present events, I am still pressing with the rating as I believe the are reasonable hopes of work.

It would be a help to know more about who you work for and what the pay and hours are like.
Drop me an email if you like.

Hope to see you enroute otherwise.
;)