PDA

View Full Version : just wondering

dingducky
20th May 2001, 10:05
if you guys are freight dogs
does that mean that if i worked for a cargo airline i could be a freight bitch? :)

------------------
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

CargoRat2
20th May 2001, 12:06
If you insist :)

------------------
rgds Rat

Riccarton
20th May 2001, 15:11
How many female pilots are there in freight work? I doubt if there are many, but maybe I'm wrong.

Wotwozat
20th May 2001, 17:16
We at Contractors have two Female Pilots, one on each fleet. ( Airbus/727 ).

pax domina
20th May 2001, 18:36
Can't remember quite where - but seems like I've heard that there are female load masters/cargo masters out there . . . so, does that make them cargo mistresses?

;)

Dark Skies
20th May 2001, 19:31
Hi Pax Dom!

I recently travelled from LGG/BFS with a Shreiner A300.
The Loadie was a lady, she was not one bit butch but a genuine feminine lady type.

Whats more as Loadies go she was great , excellent at her job, got down and changed the locks for the different ULDs, had the Loadsheet sorted before the Computer and didn't take any BS from the guys at the front!

Having heard recently that Schreiner have ceased trading , I do hope this young lady finds suitable employment else where.

If not maybe she wants to marry me?

------------------
Remember'Freight is the Hunter'

CargoRat2
20th May 2001, 22:58
All that matters is competency. I know two "Loadmistresses"; One with CV other with EV.
Male or female, or that counts is getting the job done properly.

------------------
rgds Rat

pax domina
20th May 2001, 23:40
CargoRat2 - Heartily agreed, I was just being silly about job titles. :)

I keep telling my boss I'm holding out for Goddess . . .

Nice to see that there are men in the workplace who appreciate compentency, regardless of gender, and realise that it is what really matters. Right now, we've got a boss who's computer software skills are meagre - and I'm being generous. But God Forbid he'd ever ask any of the women (right now we're ten women and two men) in the office to show him anything . . . too much of a blow to his ego.

For complete details, see my second post on . . .
http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/Forum4/HTML/002895.html

Captain Mainwaring
24th May 2001, 19:21
We have a female captain at Emerald - i believe that in her spare time she likes to strangle kittens.

Dark Skies
25th May 2001, 01:24
Hey Capt M,

I know her!! I was married to her!

------------------
Remember' Freight is the Hunter'

wheelchock
25th May 2001, 13:22
Yes knowing you personal, Dark Skies, i know that your marriages don't last too long.Any news from Aer Tourass, yet?

rgds,
Big Bitch

Dark Skies
25th May 2001, 17:23
Hey Wheelchock, How dare you cast doubt upon my marriages!!
It was just I was lonely in all those cities and they looked after me!
I was never ever married more than once in the same country(except Belgium and they lived 100kms apart!)
Anyway I am now running out of places to hide the bodies. Its a shame as the current 'Mrs Dark Skies' is giving me grief!!

I had better return to work soon for a rest.

stanley
25th May 2001, 23:58
E.A.T. BRU have several lady pilots on the A300 and the Bo.727 and they are as good as the guys :)

Pedro Crab
26th May 2001, 17:17
3 ladies in my company

aeroguru
28th May 2001, 13:56
I have met Lady crew of Atlas, Cargolux and Air France and KLM.

Checkboard
29th May 2001, 10:28
Mt fist freight job was in a Westwind, and a lady (Lorraine Cooper) ran the ground school. One of the best instructor pilots I have met.

ironbutt57
29th May 2001, 19:34
Gender has no place in the cockpit..pilots are all pilots, regardless of what kind of genitalia they are born with, or what they do with it subsequently

Espresso
7th Jun 2001, 01:55
CLX has 5 - the first one had a bit of a hard time but opened the doors for the others. The company seems to be happy, since there are 2 more in training and one of the first 5 is in her upgrade at the very moment.
The only difference to an all male flight-crew is the cockpit talk - it's just a bit more civilized...

ironbutt57
10th Jun 2001, 16:29
Well we all know about cockpit talk...we talk about women and fishing, then when we are on a date, or out fishing we talk about airplanes...."daddy daddy, when I grow up, I want to be an airline pilot,mmmmm well son, you can't do both"