PDA

View Full Version : Well Done, Capt Pprune!

Midland 331
19th Jan 2008, 09:23
(Posted in Spectator's Balcony, well away from the cat fights and loony-tunery of the main BA LHR thread.)

I heard Capt Pprune on BBC Radio Two.

A refreshing voice of reason and restraint! And it came over fine, by the way - it's often hard to evaluate one's own effectiveness and clarity in live interviews.

I hope that they use you more often - usually, even minor industry "events" seem to bring out spokesmen full of "male bovine excreta".

Well done!

r

Bagso
19th Jan 2008, 09:44
yes likewise....also heard Capt PPrune...very good.

Much better than some of the "so-called experts" thats are normally wheeled out at times like this.

Bagso
19th Jan 2008, 09:50
Just as an aside, can the Capt reassure us that this new found celebrity does go to his head.....?

Let the Capt does what he does best !!!!!

I certainly don't want to see him on "Im a celebrity", "dancing the bossa Nova" or "skating"......and as for celebrity big brother well my blood runs cold at the thought.....

Maybe something more restrained , a book launch and interviews on Jonathan Woss, Steve Wright, et al

PPRuNe Towers
19th Jan 2008, 10:03
Sadly Danny was restricted to telephone interviews as his demands have become too outrageous for tightly budgeted news organisations.

It appears asking for location units to attend the Towers along with a trailer, make up, hairdressing and catering unit is no longer viable in these times. Nevertheless His Airship, while resolute in setting and maintaining the standards you'd expect, was willing to pass on the required cheeseboard in his standard contract.

Regards
Rob,

Midland 331
19th Jan 2008, 11:35
Could I have a signed photograph, please? :-)

Thanks

r

Nepotisim
19th Jan 2008, 12:25
Maybe Danny has a good head for radio?:eek::rolleyes:

Bagso
20th Jan 2008, 17:19
Im happy to be his agent for a small fee ...90% ok ?

I have a great law firm on standy for any paperwork.

"Grabbit, Fleecem and Ruin" very well regarded in The City !

Unwell_Raptor
20th Jan 2008, 17:41
Yes, it sounded Fyne to me.

Midland 331
21st Jan 2008, 08:12
The only drawback to mentions of the site's URL is that it has appeared to have attracted lots of bonkers speculators and, I hazard, contributed to the server glowing white-hot.

I'm well out of the business, having left in '94 from the commercial side of SAS, so make no claims about being a professional aviator. Far from it. However, I'd consider myself to be a tad more informed than some of the contributors to the original thread. Some of the stuff was utterly ridiculous.

Bravo to the moderators for setting up the "silly questions" thread. It's reassuring to us regulars to know that moderation is being done crisply and diligently. The "aliens" option in the poll made me smile...

It's a unique and outstanding forum, and connects me with my aviation roots. Thanks, team, for your work!

(Paypal will be fine, thanks)

r

EatMyShorts!
21st Jan 2008, 10:16
Midland,

I am with you on this! Unfortunately I did not see the option "Aliens" in the poll, before I had clicked on "Cell phones...", doh! :ugh:

Usually the real pilots here do not take themselves too serious, that's one good way to recognize them!

Midland 331
21st Jan 2008, 10:39
>Usually the real pilots here do not take themselves too serious, that's one good way to recognize them!

I'm not sure. Some of the cat-fights astound me. I am a member of a number of forums in connection with my telecommunications business, plus for help in running mature vehicles.

I see nothing on those sites that compares with Pprune. Maybe that's where some of the entertainment value comes from

r