PDA

View Full Version : Alpi Eagles current situation

Danmadole
19th Jan 2008, 08:41
Getting a message in Italian on their website. Unfortunately I can't translate and it won't copy into the online web translators. Can anyone oblige?
I fear they may have gone out of business. :uhoh:

quixeven
19th Jan 2008, 09:17
At this time, they're indeed out of business.

The provisional license they'd been granted was valid until January 3, and (rather exceptionally, I hasten to add) was not renewed by the Italian CAA. The company appealed against this decision to an administrative court, which was due to reply on the 17th of January.

My understanding, though, is that they had to ground their only active a/c for scheduled maintenance in the first days of January for a couple of weeks. The others had already been flown back to their lessors' bases a while ago... So basically, they were legally entitled to operate until the 17th, but couldn't do it because their only a/c was under maintenance.

Furthermore, the administrative court decided to reject AlpiEagles' appeal, in other words: currently, AlpiEagles is not an aircraft operator anymore.

I could translate the text on the homepage for you, if you wish, but I find it rather pathetic, and it can be summarised with: "It's not our fault, they're all against us, the Italian CAA has been doing its best to destroy a successful company" :yuk:

Touchngo
19th Jan 2008, 10:14
Translation

Following the ENAC's press release dated 29/12/07 that, taking into account the measures issued from the Regional Tribunal in Lazio that suspends the ENAC's initiative till 17/01/08, which insinuates non better identified impacts on security on flight activities. AlpiEagles, suspends its activities fom 03/01/08 until we obtain a license with no date limit.

The company informs passengers that tickets will be valid as soon as the company has its license handed back.

We apologize for any inconvenience, but the responsibility is exclusively to be attributed to external agents to AlpiEagles, independent from our wishes.

Please consult the sales so as to verify how ENAC with its measures has destroyed a good industrial initiative

End translation

Hope it makes sense - a little convoluted!