PDA

View Full Version : American Airlines Boeing 777 TVs

Culio
18th Jan 2008, 23:58
Hello all,

Well, I have to say that AA are a good airline, good service etc. I have flown three times in a 777 now, all times on the Heathrow to LA route. Now in the 777, I'm sure most of you know that you get your own little TV, a great aid in passing the long hours on the plane.

However, twice of those three times, my TV didnt work at all! How annoying is that! I asked for help from a flight assistant but they couldn't do anything! Annoying or what lol!

AA, get your electronics sorted out! :P

Culio

Eboy
20th Jan 2008, 09:58
Yes, the similar setups on United can be dreadful as well. The non-US carriers do a much better job in this regard, in my view.

I just work on my laptop most of the flight anyway, but I have to bring extra batteries, because the in-seat power may be out.

:(

SpamFritters
20th Jan 2008, 10:14
:EYes have had this problem on both United and AA..
But the cabin crew never come up with a solution.. just normally have the attitude of stuff it...
Ah well... normally always sleep or use the laptop anyway :O

TheWestCoast
23rd Jan 2008, 22:21
Can't remember the last flight I had on AA or UA on which the seat back screen actually worked properly. At best, it's a fuzzy mess. DL, meanwhile, has a great system that has worked like a charm every time I've used it - "live" satellite TV from Dish Network and a host of movies and HBO programming for $5. I watched live Champions League soccer last year flying ATL to SNA and was most disappointed we landed before the end of the game.

Over the past couple years, Delta has noticeably upped its game in all areas - subtle changes like the wood paneling floors in the restrooms, clear seat numbers overhead, free snack boxes and new staff uniforms make it feel a cut above. Plus, the planes looks great in the new paint jobs, beats the heck out of those awful looking faded grey United aircraft that you still see trundling around.