PDA

View Full Version : Ostend Operation

Willit Run
14th Sep 2001, 02:53
Can anyone shed some light on the L-1011 freight operation out of Ostend?

Any news will be appreciated

Thanks, Peter Bach

ME-109
14th Sep 2001, 23:28
It's believed to be an ex-LTU -500 and most probably used to haul weapons to Africa :rolleyes:

The Guvnor
19th Sep 2001, 23:41
Actually, it's an ex LTU -50 which had been parked in the desert for over five years. They plan to use mini containers like those utilised by Airborne Express so they can load through the pax door.

Personally, I can't see it. There was a lot of discussion about it on this forum about 60 days ago, so if you check you'll find it.

The aircraft is now on the Equatorial Guinea register, by the way; and Liberia World has been renamed Ducor World.

Angel`s Playmate
26th Sep 2001, 10:45
Guv,

you know where the pilots are coming from ?

ME-109: Tach Karl-Heinz !!

The Guvnor
26th Sep 2001, 18:52
I had a couple of friends contact me after they were approached by Ducor World. One went to OST and had a look at the aircraft - and promptly left without even bothering to see the management!

I think that says it all, really! :D :D :D

mutt
26th Sep 2001, 21:48
While we are on the subject of L1011's, anyone know who is now operating King Husseins old L1011. I have seen it over the last week in Alia colours and no titles apart from a small tail logo.

Mutt.

Spencer the Rover
27th Sep 2001, 02:19
I'm told it's about to start corporate work, not sure who bought it.
Guv! you know anything?

GotTheTshirt
27th Sep 2001, 05:46
Mutt,

It gone to a Saudi prince ( who else !)
Very (VERY) low hours and cycles.

Was certified onto Saudi Reg this week !

The Guvnor
27th Sep 2001, 12:47
Kerry Packer was keen on it, but GotTheTShirt is right - it's gone to Saudi. Pity, coz I had my eyes on it! :D :D :D

GTTS - you must work for Marshalls!

blowawayjet
28th Sep 2001, 02:40
guvnor you ****,
the airplane is not going to be used with mini containers at all.it's all bulkloaded.

second, i doubt you have any friends, especially going to d.e.don't think he likes you nor your kind........(yet you claim you and him go way back, i know different, after speaking with the old man)

third, what the hell do you mean with 'you had your eyes on it'?did you see it in nerds weekly magazine?or was it again another aiplane to be added to your virtual fleet?

The Guvnor
28th Sep 2001, 22:23
Bulk loading an L1011? What on earth are you smoking? :D :D :D Where are the restraints? Where are the STCs to strengthen the cabin floors to accommodate a very much higher loading? Given that they only have the passenger doors - and given our experience with bulk loading CL44s and 707s then if what you claim is correct it will take days to do! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yeah, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggghhht!

blowawayjet
29th Sep 2001, 15:18
guvnor,
looking at your reply here, shows very clearly that indeed you don't know d.e. , otherwise you wouldn't have come up with these stupid questions.there's is one thing i have to agree with you though, it probably will take days to load it, but then again that's their problem, not mine.

GlueBall
30th Sep 2001, 20:51
With up to 6 cargo configured (mostly ex AIA/Kallitta) L1011-200 whales roosting somewhere in the desert, why would anyone need to bulk load, or mini container load a pax whale through the L1 door? :confused:

The Guvnor
30th Sep 2001, 22:14
Glueball - those aircraft have been bought by CaribJet and apparently some at least have been leased to 411A with - as I understand it - the first one either due imminently for heavy check or already in for it.

Blowawayjet - I know DE very well - and LF, having had many happy times at the Palm Beach! I was merely pointing out that without those items - required by the real world - they will be limited to operating within dodgy third world nations where officials can be dashed to turn a blind eye. As the whole concept was - as I understand it - to get a Stage III aircraft so they could fly to Europe, without these items (and proper maintenance) the aircraft will be grounded about 10 seconds after its first ramp check! :D :D :D

411A
1st Oct 2001, 05:39
Due imminently is the operative word, Guvnor. Just waiting for the FAA to approve the ferry permit. The first aeroplane required two engines, the second will require three engine changes, and the rest---well let's just say that Kalitta/Kittyhawk used and abused them unmercifully. What should have taken not more than two weeks has taken more than a month. Glad it is on someone elses' dime. The original noteholders will get no more than 28 cents on the dollar. One very big flush job for the original Kittyhawk investors.

blowawayjet
2nd Oct 2001, 04:31
neil,

ok 'you know of d.e' but what's l.f. got to do with this .or are you merely showing that you know d.e. and l.f. since lukim.even so, i know you, but yet you don't know me, funny ain't it?????pls, don't claim anymore the sh*t you put on here with youre capts experience, it will only make me laugh.

sangoté, Guvnor........