PDA

View Full Version : Netjets waiting time?

Chris_medley
18th Jan 2008, 12:46
Hey guys, First post, looked around and couldnt find the answer i was looking for so here goes. I Applied to Netjets about a week before Christmas to join their Oxford based training scheme etc. I'm not holding high hopes and would be thrilled if i even got an interview but I have not heard anything back from them at all apart from to say that they got my application and would be in contact. How long should I wait before chasing it up? (writting this on the 18th of January) I think they would let me know if i was unsuccessful?

BusinessMan
21st Jan 2008, 20:59
I've been in your position before with OAT and I found that as long as you are polite and courteous about it they'll have no problem with you giving them a call and asking, particularly after 4 weeks. (That's not to say I also tried being obnoxious by the way !;))

Just make sure you've read all the details you've been sent and the online FAQ to ensure it doesn't say "We'll get back to you on 23rd Jan" or you may look a little silly :ok:

I'd guess (:}) Christmas could be a quieter time for applications and they may be waiting til they have a batch of NJE applicants to process together? You could even ask...

Best of luck with the scheme. It's a good one

BM

CAPTDOUG
22nd Jan 2008, 14:22
What number did you use to call Net Jets. thx

Anonymus6
22nd Jan 2008, 14:52
I dont't know if this post will be some help, but I have some experience in this busines so my comments is that it usually takes some time before they call up. I fired a C.V to Jetalliance in Austria in middle of december last year and I got a call from them last night. Also remember that christmas just passed so they are trying to catch up with the pilot applicants. give them a call. good luck

BusinessMan
22nd Jan 2008, 18:10
CAPTDOUG, CM's applied through a 3rd party (OAT) to join NJE's cadet scheme. Hence he'll be phoning OAT not Netjets themselves

Adios
22nd Jan 2008, 20:44
The last batch of applicants who have completed all three stages of the selection process haven't heard their results yet. I would think it will be several months before more recent applicants will hear about their applications because the current batch will probably fill the next two or three courses. There's not much sense in choosing cadets a year in advance.

As for the phone number to call, it is at the bottom of the FAQ, which itself probably has a clue or two about how you will be notified of the next steps.

BusinessMan
22nd Jan 2008, 21:18
NJE were only after 24 through the OAT scheme in 2007 but they're ramping up to 48pa from 2008 onwards, hence why they've introduced on-going selection / recruitement from Nov07 onwards with no closing dates any more.

For that reason I'd be quite surprised if OAT will be waiting much longer before cracking on with the next batch of 'testees'

smithy578
23rd Jan 2008, 21:06
Having just got back from OAT at the weekend, i can assure that every application will be accessed in due course, there is another batch of assessments starting very soon and OAT will be in touch in the next couple of weeks to tell you wether you have been successful or not. Hope this is of help.