PDA

View Full Version : Whats happening at Airnorth?

PCFlyer
18th Jan 2008, 06:50
Back in early November 2007 Airnorth advertised for direct entry captains and first officers for the braz and metro fleet.
I applied and was interviewed. Then told I would hear something the following week. Ater not hearing anything for some time I assumed I had not been successful, however decided to get in touch and find out for sure. I was told that no decisions had been made and that they would let me know either way very soon.

Anyway, fast forward to today and I still haven't heard anything from them at all ... and now today they advertise in the Australian and AFAP for the exact same positions. :confused:

Could it be that they advertised, interviewed, and then didn't hire anyone? And now they are doing it all over again?

Now, I know it may just be a case of thanks but no thanks, BUT ... is there something else going on at Airnorth?

Dwarf
18th Jan 2008, 21:46
If you are still keen, I would suggest you re-apply. You may have struck an administrative "pothole", a not uncommon situation at ANR.

Flying Meat Cleaver
18th Jan 2008, 23:50
Had a pretty much identical situation occur. Also contacted to find out and was given the, "in a meeting, will call you back". That was the last correspondence I had with them. I took it as them not being interested in hiring me, their bad luck in my book (even though I was a little down about it). I've since taken another f/o position.

FMC.