PDA

View Full Version : Transafrik/safair

joe north
18th Jan 2008, 04:10
what is going on with these guys, are they still operating in the DRC and elsewhere

akut
29th Jan 2008, 13:10
These company donīt fly anymore(bunkrupcy), just have one plane B722 but is not flying because of debts of payments in the court.All angolans pilots went to work for TAAG and actually are flying B721; B732 and B743.

akut

Beechdrivr
29th Jan 2008, 13:16
Hi,

I think akut has his story wrong. They (Transafrik) still operate aircraft, saw them just the other day in Uganda as well as in Afghanistan.

Whether they still operate in DRC, i really wouldn't know. maybe someone who flies for them could enlighten us. As for Safair they fly into the DRC, based in Kigoma of course.

Safe flying:ok:
BD

flite101
29th Jan 2008, 13:39
i was under the impression that they still operate on UN contract with L100s & B727s :confused:

but no sure really, heard that they were also looking for crew for L100s a while back as well.

herchauler
2nd Feb 2008, 17:37
Safair's definately still in operation. Mostly with its L100's(C-130's).
They have operations in Sudan, Tanzania, Peru, and the Middle East to name a few.
As for Transafrik, you'll still see them in and around the DRC.

ARENDIII
2nd Feb 2008, 21:35
Yup-They have paid my salary for the last 13 years, they were one day late last year but it was the banks fault.
They operate in Ireland,Peru,Afghanistan,DRC,Sudan on the L100-30 aircraft.
Also operate BAE146 for Air Link in RSA and are expanding this fleet after winding down their B737 fleet. Still have 727-200's-had the pleasure of flying those machines for 3 years.
Salaries for what is required still leaves one breathless, however we now get our simulator time with monotonous regularity with a corresponding increase in motivation.
Got a good bunch of guys at the moment, maybe need a change of heart on managements side to make a winning team!
On the down side-lost about 8 captains and 12 first officers in 18 months!.
:O
All said and done-a good and solid outfit but could do a lot better considering their position in SA aviation.

CR2
12th Jan 2010, 10:45
Quick question: Does anyone know if Safair are still operating L100s in Afghanistan?

Thanks.

Cave Troll
13th Jan 2010, 03:46
Yes they are. Kandahar!

ct