PDA

View Full Version : Toll Buys Jetcraft?

yowie
17th Jan 2008, 08:58
Heard a rumour today that Toll have picked up JetCraft, anyone heard anything on this?

Skystar320
17th Jan 2008, 09:05
I thought it was DHL?

777Monkey
17th Jan 2008, 11:12
From what i hear is that Toll has been looking at Jetcraft very closely after Jetcraft went into administration with the prospect of purchasing it in the near future......

Hopefully they do.......

Jet_A_Knight
17th Jan 2008, 11:47
Someone had better make their fukcing minds up soon.

Some people need to have some sort of decision before they have recourse to claim lost entitlements.:ugh:

If TOLL buys JC, they are gonna absolutely **** a chicken when they realise how much it costs to operate air services....and they don't have anyone left they can burn and move on from.:mad:

OPSH24
18th Jan 2008, 02:42
What choice do they have ? I don't see another operator sitting around with spare pilots and airframes..

The choice will be, buy it as a going concern, or pick the bones out of it if it liquidates, which will then disrupt the network until they can "borrow" or gain an AOC.

We live in interesting times.

Pinky the pilot
18th Jan 2008, 04:02
Heard last Tuesday that there were apparently two tenders on the table for the company. Toll was mentioned as one of the prospective purchasers but I'm unsure as to whom was the second.

Fatcat23
23rd Jan 2008, 11:51
Got it from the horsie's mouth that TOLL has a M.O.U. with JC to buy them. I'm sure TOLL knows exactly what it costs to run an airline, as they would already be paying that plus some slim profit to the likes of JC. Its gotta be worse for the pilots though, as the first thing they'll try is to cut pilot conditions. Then they'll go through a period of learning the hard way that you just can't do that, just like JC did back in the 90's.

FC

wessex19
23rd Jan 2008, 12:14
Remember guys/girls, TOLL generally pay their employees good money. Their Truck drivers gross at least 75K, their bag chuckers at Bankstown airport gross close to $1200 per week ($29/hr). On any given night the pilot at YSBK is the lowest paid person on the field by a country mile. The bloke chucking the bags into the back of the metro who may have only just migrated to Australia, has very poor English and no formal education is getting better money off TOLL than the pilot of the metro!!! (and good luck to the bag chucker) REMEMBER: TOLL need your services, they have HUGE contracts and have spent a heap of cash on expanding their facilities in Bankstown, Brisbane and Mel. They looked at all their options including another 3 letter freight operator and they need jetcraft. TOLL are very profitable..... Good luck to all involved!!

puff
23rd Jan 2008, 19:43
wessex - hope your right but differences here is the freight chuckers have a good strong union with an award in place that pays them appropriately.

Again the pilot 'award' has barely been updated in 10 years and operators say, we're paying 'award' to one that is barely been updated to reflect the huge wage increases shown in any other industry, hence 'award' wages being paid to the freight handlers and to the pilots will still see the freight handler on far better wages and conditions to the pilot, lets hope this is changing as the pool of 'suitable' pilots is drying up.

Skystar320
23rd Jan 2008, 21:38
Toll has an LOI out for Jetcraft - irs great that Toll is looking at buying the company but my understanding is that they are not buying the full quid.

From what I know they are looking at the ATR's / C208's and slightly the Metro's for the new operation and conquest's seem doubtful.

Grivation
23rd Jan 2008, 23:58
It would seem like a very good time for Jetcraft pilots to collectively approach the TWU to be 'roped-in'.

mmciau
24th Jan 2008, 02:44
And Toll will surely use VAustralia B777-300ER freight holds to the US too

Mike

Metro man
24th Jan 2008, 05:27
It would seem like a very good time for Jetcraft pilots to collectively approach the TWU to be 'roped-in'.

Exactly my thoughts. The TWU have been able to negotiate good terms for unskilled labour, imagine what they could do for skilled labour in short supply.

TOLL have an age limit for trucks, they could have one for aircraft as well. No more complaining when the 20 -25 year old junk breaks down, order a brand new fleet and do lots of preventative maintenance.

If TOLL buys Jetcraft they have the money to run a first rate operation, and no one else to blame but themselves if they decide not to. Spend the money and get the benefit.

Prehaps they will realise aircraft operation is different to trucking where they can screw down each sub contractor and simply replace them in a year or two when they have been driven into bankrupcy.

Stationair8
25th Jan 2008, 08:08
Does Jetcraft or Toll own the ATR-42's?
Are Toll happy with the ATR-42 or do they need a bigger aircraft?

Captain Biggles84
16th Feb 2008, 01:50
Anyone heard the latest on the Jetcraft situation.??? Has there been any new developments.. In What way is that affecting the pilots at the moment?? Or the pilot recruitment down the track. Anyone care to fill me in that would be much appreciated!..

I have had them in back of my mind to put in an application for some time now.. Just hoping all of this doenst affect the operation. Have heard that Jetcraft have very high standards and run a very tight op.. such a shame if the ship sinks..

Stationair8
17th Feb 2008, 02:15
Captain Biggles 84, it all seems to gone all very quiet with Jetcraft and Toll.
Rumour on the night freight ramp is that a few more C580 might becoming in the country.
Also heard that Pelair are looking at replacing the Metro3 with Metro23's and something a little bigger.
In relation to putting an application try and talk to Capt Peart as he his the man in charge of the ATR operation and will know what is going on.

DUXNUTZ
17th Feb 2008, 03:51
Whats a C580? Convair?

Short_Circuit
17th Feb 2008, 04:20
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/23/VHPDL.JPG
This Convair 580 was converted from a Convair 340.
Digital photo of VH-PDL taken at Bankstown Airport on 29 October 2006 by YSSYguy

Capt Wally
17th Feb 2008, 08:50
......ahhh now that looks like a cut down flying 'wombat' from the good 'ole days when real men flew real planes, the Lockheed L188 Electra !

CW

OPSH24
7th Mar 2008, 00:39
The king is dead, long live the king

Jetcraft is dead, long live jetcraft (Toll Priority)

Stationair8
17th Mar 2008, 09:23
So how is the Toll-Jetcraft operation going?

I saw on another forum site that Jetcraft have wound down their operations in YPAD to one ATR-42.

Also talk of some more Convair 580 from NZ to do Toll work.

HomeJames
30th Nov 2008, 05:06
Well that is rather unfortunate for the TOLL guys and girl...

Just goes to show you again I guess that if it is allowed to happen, airlines and airline pilots will swan back into GA when times get tough and make it extroadinarily difficult for those guys and girls trying to get ahead. How can someone with 500 multi command on light piston twins compete with a 737 type rated candiate when it comes to a ATR or Metro gig? Same thing happenned during/after the strike and after Ansett.

Thanks again!

Straight home and don't spare the horses

porch monkey
30th Nov 2008, 07:20
Not in this lifetime...... VB can't get guys to take PB commands, or fill spots at VB on the Embraer. Or take spots at V Aus. What chance do you think they have of getting anyone to go back to flying a friggen metro?

TexanPilot
30th Nov 2008, 10:14
what about those Jetcraft FO's seeking commands? as old Trev would say - tough titties.
The only FO's are on the ATR... no metro FO's anymore.

I also can't see someone giving up a 737 to fly a Metro.

bestpilotindaworld
30th Nov 2008, 19:57
The only FO's are on the ATR... no metro FO's anymore.

I also can't see someone giving up a 737 to fly a Metro.

Single Pilot?

TWOTBAGS
30th Nov 2008, 20:14
As Darryl Kerrigan would say.......

Tell him, he's dreamin..........

:mad:

TexanPilot
30th Nov 2008, 21:38
yes best... single pilot

bestpilotindaworld
30th Nov 2008, 22:00
yes best... single pilot

If thats the case I'm on my way :ok:

blackbird71
1st Dec 2008, 05:51
its ok when all is well, but when your flying at the back of the clock and the s hits the fan things can get v exciting.
dont know of too many VB pirates with a deathwish.... :cool:

carro
1st Dec 2008, 07:17
Consider the following sequence of events... 3am. Storms everywhere. Dodgy wx radar. Severe turbulence. Engine fails. A/P disconnected as it wont control the aeroplane with failed engine. Running out of fuel due to all the prior diversions around wx. And its all on you!

Fun. Fun.

j3pipercub
1st Dec 2008, 22:54
carro,

did this happen to you?

OPSH24
6th Dec 2008, 09:19
Yes - Single pilot in the Metro - honestly some of the most challenging flying you'll ever do. Truth is though - a single pilot in this class of aircraft is enough. When things turn to SH*T - it doesn't matter how many hands there are or how many bodies - PHASE 1s- PHASE 2s - trouble shoot and pray.