PDA

View Full Version : Traffic Analysis and Trolls

Sunfish
16th Jan 2008, 22:16
In a spirit of helpfulness, I would like to suggest that there is a very simple method available to Moderators and concerned Ppruners to determine the bonfides of people posting things on a number of threads here. It's military name is called "traffic analysis"

It is a very simple matter to click on a users name and then click on the "Show all posts" button thoughtfully provided by Danny.

Perusal of these posts is sometimes illuminating. If they vary across a wide range of topics, both technical and otherwise, and there is considerable depth (ie:many comments) for a considerable period of time, then one can assume that whatever comments they are making on your favourite thread are probably heartfelt, even if you disagree with them.

If, on the other hand, there is no "depth" and the comments are always focussed on one subject, and all are generally unhelpful, for example conveying Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt, - vague senses of unease, "We'll all be rooned", etc, then you can be pretty sure about what you are looking at.

As an example, there is a range of comments from one fellow that starts with this gem some months ago:

as a young guy wanting to get go foward(sic) i cannot understant(sic) the anger and vitriol that you guys spread, am not sure but you guys are old relics, and have you noticed that there are only 4/5 of you

Then comes these gems:

Well gents. like i said, if you dont like it, please faeel feree to leeaave.....

i think that you are all raving on about nothing, you would all be better served with getting on and doing your jobs..

Not sure what you mean, are you refering to the lack of effort buy a small amount of unsatisfied LAME'S

Chemical has hit the nail on the head...the EBA is not happening...yet we talk about other agreements...at this rate we will end up screwd again...we really need to see some sort of decisive response...

Smart negotiators use leverage...i cannot see any leverage...in fact the battle is lost ..... this simple 380 negotiation will result in victory, but to who???.....the EBA will be a non event...and...

the 100k for 6 months is if correct is pretty attractive, i had a call from a mate in NZ apparently they are queuing up over there, or so he says , but you never know..

Has anyone heard of any major ads back in August/September, can anyone shed some shed some light on this, have heard that their was a major size ads in Hong Kong, and NZ ,this is second had info but.....

Reality, i understand and i voted for protected action , however i was not aware that the company could terminate the EBA and the implications of this, the implcations of this seem to be that any.

The point is if no agreement is reached QF can terminate the EBA, in fact QF do not even have to meet with the ALAEA on the 4th to seek.

To Federal SEC

You have been given a big mandate, your below comments personally offend me, i am not a simpleton, you will all probably say i am spinless and a troublemaker, yet all i want to know is what exactly...

Am getting sick of all this, i want it sorted out, if not i think the outcome is not good for the union, its starting to pit mate against mate.

i know of at least 28, some will surprise, who will...

Regardless of what we all feel may be a delaying tactic by QF , i applaude the consideredd approach by the ALAEA negotiating team.

The only way we can achieve a win is through negotiation, playing...

All your own work sunshine, if you want to muddy the waters and scare people, you need to do better than that...

tail wheel
17th Jan 2008, 01:50
Moderators have access to other tools for rapidly assessing registered users: complete profiles, posting history, IP addresses and IP search etc.

We don't have time to look at a user's posting history. Dunnunda Forums receive hundreds of posts each day. We have jobs, families and other committments such that it is impossible to read all posts in the time we alot to PPRuNe Moderating.

We are reasonably familiar with the regular users and the quality - or otherwise - of their contribution to the forum.

Whilst I am not prepared to debate the issue, your post above is verging on inflamatory and would no doubt draw the trolls if I did not lock this thread.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Woomera/Closed-1.gif

Tail Wheel