PDA

View Full Version : Exactly What are DHL Offering?

High Volt
7th Sep 2001, 23:20
I'd welcome views on exactly what DHL are offering. Has anyone out there got any firm ideas about contracts, route structure, work patterns and long haul prospects from EMA?

parcelpuppy
9th Sep 2001, 14:31
Hi High Volt,

Suggest you check out history of Chief Exec
first.

Shanwick Shanwick
14th Sep 2001, 20:07
Thanks Sapco,

Got a Sim date with them today but didn't realise Tref was the MD. Will be withdrawing my application post haste. I was at Gill when he waved his magic wand. He just about broke the place.

Cheers

Shan.

parcelpuppy
14th Sep 2001, 21:58
Hello Shan,
Did you benefit in any way working for Trefor? The "Company house" in Wylam. The "Company XJS"outside the portakabin. Don't forget the "Company YAK 52"!

Aviation. Isn't it. Wasn't it. Marvellous.
Jumpers for goalposts.Lookout here comes the fraud squad!

Shanwick Shanwick
14th Sep 2001, 23:19
Nope, didn't benefit in the slightest. Oh, there was one thing, I tried to buy the pad in Wylam at a knock down price for rental purposes. They agreed so far, but not far enough.

By the way, do I know you?

Brgds

Shan

parcelpuppy
15th Sep 2001, 12:27
Hi Shan,
You probably do know me. Many do but will not admit to it.I was one of the first Trefor paid to leave the company for being
too honest.

best regards
parcel puppy
(banished to the land of beer and chocolate.)

High Volt
17th Sep 2001, 01:03
Parcelpuppy and Sapco2

Thanks for the heads up. This is an anonymous forum and If you have something that I need to know I would appreciate hearing about it now.

Those I have spoken to who have attended interview so far are all of the opinion that no firm answers are given to perfectly reasonable questions: such as, what are the routes, how many days will I be away from home each week and what is the pension!

If you have any horror stories guys, please share them - if nothing else I can ask some awkward questions before taking up a job.

High Volt
18th Sep 2001, 01:14
Sapco2

Thanks. I had also heard that the pension is "between 10% and 15%" but yet to be decided. I believe that they have problems with the engines on some of the 757's and that is the reason for the delay. what is more worrying for a potential employee is the reputation preceding Trefor jones and the shall we say fluidity that seems to surround everything about this setup - roster lines, pension, routes - you name it.

I can't say that all these things inspire my confidence. keep the facts coming, I may soon need to make a decision.