PDA

View Full Version : "Rain Prayers"

Dune
16th Jan 2008, 17:04
A couple weeks ago I read "Sheik Bla Bla Bla" called for rain prayers for the UAE........be careful what you wish for Sheiky Sheik! LOL

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Environment/10182327.html

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Environment/10182294.html

http://www.gulfnews.com/opinion/editorial_opinion/nation/10182204.html

These idiotic Indian/Arab drivers just can't understand why you can't go though a 2 foot flood at 80 km/hr. Saw probably 50 abandoned vehicles yesterday coming home........dumb asses.

looseobject
16th Jan 2008, 17:25
DUNE
Would you please refrain from this kind of posts and please be respectful of the islamic religion and the culture/traditions of the country you are living in.
Just be advised the rain prayers are commonly organised in several islamic countries experiencing long drought periods.

Wizofoz
16th Jan 2008, 17:52
....And often by Christian churches in predominently Christian countries like Australia when they are struck by drought.

Wordsworth
16th Jan 2008, 18:11
Looseobject,take it easy my friend, he/she was not insulting a religion just that some drivers drive here in UAE.Most are straight of a donkey(if that, from some sub-continent country) and therefore have no idea about safe driving standards. i.e braking distance,aquaplaning, indicating,lane discipline etc.

I was driven to work on Tues night in our company transport very badly despite numerous calls to slow down.120Km/H on a soaked road is not safe,it even breaks normal road limit laws!!!

Take the comment as it was meant to be, an observation not an attack on religion.

Over and out

looseobject
16th Jan 2008, 18:47
WORDSWORTH
I really know that driving in UAE is a lethal practise for many people, and many road criminals are unfamiliar with driving on wet or flooded roads ( aquaplanning, braking distance....)
What i did not appreciate at all is the first sentence in the 1 st post.

Safe roads and flying to all.

brassplate
16th Jan 2008, 19:41
the islamic prayers did not bring the rain. the season did.

ironbutt57
16th Jan 2008, 20:57
Well as a very close Emirati (AUH) friend put it...."if all the God fearing worshippers in AUH pray for rain..it will rain...... in Pakistan......it did!..:ok:

Dune
17th Jan 2008, 01:57
looseobject:

No attempt made to insult your Islamic religion.......boy some of you are wounded up tight these days. Relax would ya! The North American Indians also do rain dances..........because I don't believe in either their dances nor your prayers doesn't mean you can't. I also don't believe in "sorcery" nor "black magic"; another commonly held belief amongst those in the Middle East. Whatever floats your boat.:ok:

As Wordsworth said, it was funny watching the antics around Dubai with a little of the wet stuff. Nothing more sinister than that my friend so give it a break.

brassplate
17th Jan 2008, 02:15
looseobject,
you must never demand respect. you command it first before ever dreaming of getting any, regardless of what your religion is.

barkingboris
17th Jan 2008, 04:29
Loose object
Dune is just saying what most people feel about these idiots.
I fully agree with his sentiment "be careful what you ask for"
Myself being a total non believer find the religion to be rididculous in the extreme ,but then i am non pc:}

Trashed Aviator
17th Jan 2008, 05:16
The fact that there is no god must mean they pray to each other.
What a waste of time.

Wordsworth
17th Jan 2008, 05:59
No offence meant to anyone,not even the donkey.:)

Apologies.

mkdar
17th Jan 2008, 08:02
Sorry guys, again, can any one please remind me : what does this post have to do with aviation and PROFESIONAL Pilots ? :confused:

emratty
17th Jan 2008, 09:02
Would that be professional pilots?
mkdar the guys are having a bit of a joke nothing anti muslim just a bit of a thing called banter. The rain has had quite an effect on those who are living here.

Gulf News
18th Jan 2008, 04:04
The above post is proof that AAR reads Pprune. And Posts too !

masalama
18th Jan 2008, 06:28
vox nice one....:ok:

VoxPopuli
18th Jan 2008, 13:28
My post is gone.:{

Use the "W" word, bottom spanked. Ridicule a religion, have a lollipop.

And who is AAR? Please enlighten.