View Full Version : Business Class

upperdeck744
16th Jan 2008, 14:43
Anyone else heard that CX has been sued for $10trillion gazzillion for infringing on Virgin's fishbone trademark layout? Ant that the program has been stopped with only aircraft being configured presently continuing untill a redesign is completed -

Heard this too many time now - where there is smoke! :E

TOPDECK

404 Titan
16th Jan 2008, 22:35
upperdeck744

I believe the company in Ireland that designed and makes them is being sued, not CX. They have made a statement that they hold the patent not VA who is one of their customers only. VA didn’t design the layout. It was the seat manufacturer, so from a strictly legal point of view if this is true VA probably don’t have a legal leg to stand on but are just trying to push the envelope as they now see a threat in the market place, not just from CX but a few other airlines that are fitting similar seats.

iLuvPX
16th Jan 2008, 23:25
but are just trying to push the envelope as they now see a threat in the market place

Titan, perhaps you have never travelled in CX's new Business Class, for it is no where near a "threat" compared to most international carriers. All I hear are complaints about those ridiculous seats. I hope they do stop installing them. That would only help CX.

CXtreme
16th Jan 2008, 23:48
As a freighter guy spending my life PX'ing, I have heard everything from complaints to humour about the seats, but NEVER a compliment.

404 Titan
17th Jan 2008, 02:23
iLuvPX
Titan, perhaps you have never travelled in CX's new Business Class, for it is no where near a "threat" compared to most international carriers.
If only you knew how stupid that comment was. I’m a commuter who travels extremely regularly on CX, VA and QF to Aus. I can tell you from personal experience that CX and VA business class seats are essentially the same with only cosmetic differences. I too have noted the complaints about the new business class product. I also noted all the complaints when the old long haul business class product was introduced about seven years ago. It is quite obvious you can’t please all the people all the time. Anyone who thinks they can is dreaming. I also notice that business class always seems to be full. Go figure.:confused:

dustyprops
19th Jan 2008, 17:05
As per usual they have managed to put the once (a long long time ago) good name of CX into the dirt. I've just px'd in the new business. What a load of C@#P. It is quite frankly embarrassing how horrible it is, and listening to the comments of some families travelling "together" (and i use the word loosely) makes you want to find a hole and fall into it, rather than admit you work for this bunch of jokers.

Titan i feel sorry for you mate,having to put up with that rubbish on a regular basis

We need a complete change of personnel upstairs because i think the dinosaurs running this place obviously haven't got the slightest clue what they are doing.

I knew i should have taken that job with Easy Jet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frogman1484
19th Jan 2008, 23:28
New Business Class

There continues to be plenty of feedback in the HKG press and cocktail party circuit about the new flat-bed seats in our long-haul business class. The product and engineering teams are listening to all the feedback - good, bad and indifferent and are working on a design modification to address a number of the specific issues. We didn't actually believe the cabin crew when they said it was cr@p, we wanted it straight from the public first!

The general design philosophy of the individual seats in a herring-bone lay-out will not change however, this is the only design that allows us to squeeze a inhumane amount of people in our cabin.

If we are to introduce a flat seat in CCL without significantly reducing the number of passengers carried, we would have to admit we cocked it up again, so the only two real options available to us are the herring-bone layout or the front & rear facing pairs of seats.

We personally think that we can compete better with SQ and EK with the rear facing seats that way when you take of , you will feel like your are about to Kiss your A** good bye. Unless you have a nice blond sitting facing you, that way you can look at a the terror in her face or straight up her skirt...who says we do not listen to our passengers!

The variables are the seat-width, the height and contour of the partitions and the detailed design of TV, table, shelves, arm rests etc, we are basically going to change the seats completely without having to admit that the first one was a load of utter Cr@p. We will be reviewing a mock-up of the design mods later this month before deciding on the cheapest possible option, even if it does not work.

This time we are considering the mortuary look. In this model we can put the beds on trays and in a draw, that way we can put 2-3 levels of packs and we can even tell the pax we have our own cabins like EK and SQ.

The good news is that the new FRCL, EYCL and IFE system, for the 3-4 times it has worked continues to be generally well received.:ok::ok::ok:

Busbert
19th Jan 2008, 23:46
S B our former Manager - Product. Did she jump or was she pushed.

(Official line - she resigned)