PDA

View Full Version : A Plea To D and G Mods

AlphaLord
16th Jan 2008, 04:42
All threads Qantas have caused you all a great deal of angst.
For many the QF CC threads have provided valuable information and an opportunity for discussion.
Many post purely to have these threads closed down.To this end they have been successful.
There are management trolls,SH CC,pilots and even some amongst LH ranks who use this as sport.
Most QF LH CC are sensible with their posts.
Would it not be better to penalise the offenders rather than closing the thread ?.
It is no doubt being considered to ban QF threads entirely.
The winners then would be those whose intention it is to silence the voices of discussion and the seekers of information.
Could you please take these points into consideration before arriving at a decision?

Capt Wally
16th Jan 2008, 05:41
Interesting concept there "AlphaLord" yr most likely correct, am sure there are a few from the likes of QF that reg visit these pages & 'cause disruption by way of taking control of the thread making the Mods do their bidding unwittingly, it's human nature, survival of the fittest!:bored:

It will be sad to have all QF related threads banned/closed down (I wasn't aware that this was even considered) they indeed supply a lot of info that obviously the reader must be aware may contain some inaccuracies, but what in life is totally accurate anyway?:bored:

Lets hope that they remain accessible, afterall we do live in a democratic society but it's difficult at times to practice that!:bored:

CW:)

jetjockey7
16th Jan 2008, 11:37
Many QF employees have been there for a very long time.They have a great deal of energy,time and effort invested in the business.Probably more so than other employees in other businesses.
Qantas has been slowly dismembered by its current management.The pride the employees have in the business has taken a pounding.Understandably there is a great deal of anger about.
This anger needs to be vented.
Unfortunately for many PPrune has become the pressure valve.
When employees cant vent their anger directly at management they sometimes turn on themselves.So it is here.
There are also those who see baiting as a sport.There are those that see PPrune as a rallying point for employees and would therefore like to close threads down.
You also have a minority who dont want CC in particular in what they see as essentially a pilot forum
Many of the more annoying posters are most likely not even employees or interested parties.They register, cause a disturbance,have a thread closed and are never heard of again.The damage has been done.
What has been suggested,"ban the poster and dont close the thread"has a great deal of merit.One hopes that the moderators will see it in the same way

Mr. Hat
16th Jan 2008, 12:04
Jet Blast and Cabin Crew forums are the place.

No they're not Rob PPRuNE Towers

jetjockey7
16th Jan 2008, 12:31
Both Tried...both failed

Ozdork
16th Jan 2008, 21:33
You also have a minority who dont want CC in particular in what they see as essentially a pilot forum

Guilty, as charged

Mr. Hat
16th Jan 2008, 21:44
Put them back then

captainrats
16th Jan 2008, 21:50
So much for CRM.

Captain.Que
16th Jan 2008, 22:03
This is how it starts.
Jetjockey7 makes a statement that really requires no response.
Ozdork makes a response anyway.......The next thing you know.
So who is at fault?Who should be warned?
Makes the Mod Job difficult.

PPRuNe Towers
16th Jan 2008, 22:28
A heaving sea of cabin crew forums out there desperate for traffic and love those who'd argue with their own toenails.

We had 60,000 visitors to PPRuNe yesterday, 2500+ posts, 196 registrations

That's more registrations than posts on most CC fora.

No reason at all why volunteer mods should put up with the aggro

Rob

jetjockey7
16th Jan 2008, 22:50
Qantas LH Cabin Crew are no longer welcome at PPrune ?
An excellent forum is no longer available because of a few idiots.
Qantas Management will be happy(as well as the Mods I guess)

PPRuNe Towers
16th Jan 2008, 23:01
Not quite;)

Everyone knows a troll
Everyone can make a troll disappear with a single click of their options panel
Human nature means most can't resist feeding the troll though
Oz cabin crew take this to the n'th degree and they have done so for years
Other cabin crew don't
Other cabin crew have an active, thriving and very welcome forum here on PPRuNe

It's a massive big interweb thingy out there. Plenty of room for addictive but pointless soap opera elsewhere.

jetjockey7
16th Jan 2008, 23:25
Where to from here?
What forum are we allowed to post in?

tail wheel
17th Jan 2008, 01:23
Jetjockey.

There is no reason CC can't post in the Dunnunda forum - if they behave!

The Mods have jobs and a life too. None of us have hours to waste moderating and editing a plethora of posts with an abnormally high ratio of aggro, name calling, bitchy, slanging, obscene, inflamatory content and continual attempts at thread drift.

In future, the threads will simply be closed if they go off the rails, rather than Mods wasting hours reading, moderating and editing posts and banning or thread banning users.

I checked the past couple of weeks of "Report this Post" emails to Dunnunda Mods. 82% relate to Qantas related threads, over 60% of which relate to the QF CC threads and a majority of the remainder relate to the various QF Engineering EBA threads.

Having said that, probably 99% of registered PPRuNe users abide by the rules and contribute constructive professional comment - or criticism - in an entirely appropriate manner.

PPRuNe is not a public, democratic free-for-all. It is a privately owned domain for professional aviators, for which the owners are deemed the publishers and liable for all user posts.

As Rob said "Plenty of room for addictive but pointless soap opera elsewhere."

If you don't like the PPRuNe rules or moderating, set the world on fire - start your own forum somewhere else on the internet!

Tail Wheel

jetjockey7
17th Jan 2008, 03:57
Sounds more than fair and reasonable.
Lets hope eveyone can display some discipline and an appropriate use of the ignore button.
I love the variety and information I find here.I would hate to lose it.
Again thanks for your time...its greatly appreciated

amos2
17th Jan 2008, 07:44
So, someone tell me!...wot's a troll? :ooh:

Tidbinbilla
17th Jan 2008, 07:55
Someone like yourself Amos, who never has anything positive to write, and only posts to upset other contributors. :D

Scurvy.D.Dog
17th Jan 2008, 07:55
So, someone tell me!...wot's a troll?
Short for 'OIC trolley mismanagement' ....:ooh: :}
I know I know
Hat ..... Coat .... Banned :E
Sorry Rob, Tid .... I'm in one of those moods :\

PPRuNe Towers
17th Jan 2008, 10:00
"I'm in one of those moods"

I feel a personal title coming on for you Scurv:}

Scurvy.D.Dog
17th Jan 2008, 11:17
http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/soccer.gif

L5Brassco
18th Jan 2008, 00:05
My first attempt at posting... I hope I am in the approriate place...
Does anyone know when LHCC bid books are coming on line?
Bids open tomorrow and the best I can get from the office is hopfully in the next couple of days:ugh:
Did Christmas sneak up on them again?