PDA

View Full Version : Climatology for Airline Pilots

slowandsteady
15th Jan 2008, 22:27
I've seen this book mentioned in threads by people who have been preparing for their interviews. I was just looking through the chapter titles on Amazon.com and noticed that the majority of the book is devoted to examining weather patterns throughout the world.
Is this particularly useful for the CX SO interview? I was always under the impression that they concentrated more on met theory, ie. jet streams, typhoons, etc.
Am I correct in this assessment?
Can anyone give some suggested reading (for example, book titles) to prepare for the type of meteorology questions asked during interviews?

Thanks once again! :O

airbus2boeing
15th Jan 2008, 23:00
I used "Aviation Metereology" book, the one that I used in college.

skywaytoheaven
17th Jan 2008, 04:49
a good book, the theory is all in there - typhoon formation, jetstreams, weather in and around asia, everything you need.(i think) Just locking it in the memory is the hard part.:confused:

jriv
19th Jan 2008, 04:21
I'm reading it now. Pretty dry, and I think more technical than necessary. You can get the gist of it from looking up typhoons and jet streams on wikipedia.

I got it through an interlibrary loan. I don't belong to the local military college, but they loaned it to my library who loaned it to me. Ask your local library if they can do something like that and get it from a university or something. I'd be a little disappointed if I spent $90 on it.

slowandsteady
19th Jan 2008, 16:05
Thanks a lot. I appreciate the info, since I have been debating whether I want to spend 90 on it as well. I'll see if I can get the wx info somewhere else! Thanks :D