PDA

View Full Version : Citation 750 or Embraer Legacy 600

solent
15th Jan 2008, 20:22
Eh up chucks

Me boss wants to buy something big to go long distances and fancies the Embraer Legacy 600 and the Citation 750 or X whatever you call it.

Does anyone have any information on comparison of both aircraft in terms of performance, he wants to fly from the UK to the USA (New York, St. Louis, Orlando etc etc), apparently its between both these types btw as l know the F900EX, G5, GLEX can all do a job but he doesnt want these!

So can either of these planes do the legs direct, will pax be comfortable, will both need fuel stops, what will the support be like from engineering on both types?

Just basically anything you can think of good and bad about both types!

TVM

NZ X man
15th Jan 2008, 20:53
The Citation 750 is the fastest aircraft in the world now in civil aviation after the retirement of the concorde. It will fly the legs you mentioned with perhaps 4 to 5 people and bags. Climb above the weather, with great takeoff performance. A .92 mach aircraft, goes high, so if your boss is in a hurry all the time he might like that. The trade off, smaller cabin, smaller baggege area, less seats. I have not flown the Legacy, but worked for a company that was involved with their distribution. They are a .80 mach max cruise aircraft with a much larger cabin and cockpit than the Citation 10. More baggage space, more cabin space, and if my memory works, just about the same range at the end of the day. Ceiling on the newer legacy's is FL410 as to a realistic cruise in the 10 up to FL470. Will go to FL510. but you would probably only do that once just to say you had been there. Wait awile and you will get some feedback from Legacy crew which will help. I also found that the Citation 10 was subject to a considerable amount of maintenance, another trade off on performance.:}

Cessna's support is excellent, cannot speak for the Legacy

X man

LGW Vulture
16th Jan 2008, 07:41
Neither of the aircraft will do the job you require without a stop the majority of the time - look elsewhere, the Boss will soon get tired of it! :=

solent
16th Jan 2008, 08:14
Thanks for the replies so far....keep em coming!!

Can you tell me is the C750 speed limited for flights in Europe???

Does anyone have the Direct Operating costs for a Legacy 600 and a Citation 750, surely there cant be much to choose between them??

Thanks again.

jetjock1
16th Jan 2008, 08:27
Hi all.

From operating the aircraft the Legacy will just about get from London area to Bangor in the US. Then clear customs and on your way. No chance of doing the routes you listed - thats big jet stuff. :)

flying headbutt
19th Jan 2008, 07:18
Wrong aircraft for the job....that'd be more CL604/F900 territory surely. Check out the price and availabilty of a pre-owned one.

Kent BeTrue
19th Jan 2008, 07:50
JetJock1

Are you managing that route, really?

I would have thought it would struggle based on normal winds.

Bangor - London - No problem of course but other direction

Can you give some idea of your FL and fuel remaining.

Take a look at
http://www.embraerexecutivejets.com/english/content/aircraft/legacy600_range.asp
for info.

Cheers
Kent.

Sky_Captain
19th Jan 2008, 19:05
London - East Coast? Say Hello Bangor if your on the X, speaking from experience here. Fine mid sized airplane, great for those 4 to 6 hour legs if your looking to save some time. And never had any trouble over Europe with ATC ever telling me to slow down, only thing that will get you is ISA+.

If comfort is your bosses thing, well it's a little tight inside :rolleyes:

From a pilots point of view it's a fine airplane, except in a crosswind :{

If non stop London to USA is what he wants with a bit more room, i'd say maybe look too at the Falcon 2000 Easy, Good range, good size cabin, good on the fuel and cheaper by few quid than the 900 that everyone is recommending.

S.C. :ok:

jr of dallas
20th Jan 2008, 08:13
Compairing a Falcon 900Ex(or a 2000) to a Legacy or a Citation, is to me the same as compairing a Ford to a Bentley...it's also not the same price my friend (around 25M$ for the Legacy...around 30's for a second hand 900Ex if you can find one ) plus in those aircrafts you cannot stand up.

4500 Nm range for the Falcon 900Ex (up to 10h30 in the air), wonderful to handle for pilots and "unique" in the concept of cockpit flow (Military certification of the original Falcon 10,20 and 50...), landing to London city is not a problem..900 Ex easy is the same in terms of perf. but the Epic avionic is even Easier...

Remember that: " to fly well an aircraft must be beautiful"

I am not a sale person from Dassault, just a realistic driver..