PDA

View Full Version : Cargolux

ASLr
31st Aug 2000, 00:19
Have heard recently Cargolux is gearing up for major 747-400 expansion. Any truth to this rumor?

B747-430
4th Sep 2000, 00:52
IT IS TRUE, MY FRIEND. SO APPLY SOON......

G´day from the Heavy FltDeck

Hot and High
25th Jul 2001, 23:28
Can anyone shed any light on the pay & conditions for an F/O at Cargolux. Do they take Brits and what are the rostering patterns like?

[ 25 July 2001: Message edited by: Hot and High ]

CR2
26th Jul 2001, 02:52
The next one arrives in about three weeks, registration LX-SCV, RR powered. One more on order for the end of next year.

toto
26th Jul 2001, 16:27
Hi everybody,

Just wonderring about Cargolux.
I've applied a month ago by sending back an application form.
No answer yet but I took the initiative to phone Flight Crew Recruitment (I am not to sure the exact name of the department but defenitly not Human Ressources). I was told that my application was unsucessfull due to lack of experience (though I met the requirements published).
Apparently they have recently been approved TRTO and the requirments are very different regarding which licence you hold...
I am a French citizen, under 30, working for a British airline with UK/JAR FCL ATPL and 2000hrs on jet over 40t.
I would appreciate if anybody from Cargolux could enlight me on their exact requirments.

Thanks!

CR2
27th Jul 2001, 03:13
Ok, I'm on vacation right now( :D ) so don't have the company phone book in front of me. Call the switchboard on +352-4211-1 and ask for Mrs Vicky Denzter (Recruitment Manager). Perhaps http://www.cargolux.com/index.htm may be of some help.
Good luck!

Frozen Falcon
27th Jul 2001, 19:00
TOTO

Check the Cargolux website. They changed the requirements a few days/weeks ago.

Currently they are asking for:

2500 hours total time
1000 jet hours above 50 t or 2000 hours FMS/FMC aircraft.

Cheers

Captain Airclues
28th Jul 2001, 00:53
"Apparently they have been approved as TRTO"

Is this true? If so, are they likely to need a 747-400 SFI/TRI/TRE with 15,000 hours on 747's next year?

Airclues

P22
8th Aug 2001, 01:10
Do Cargolux require a JAA licence, or will one issued by a JAA state (eg UK) be acceptable?

PrettyBoy
8th Aug 2001, 10:53
As far as I know there is not a huge expansion planned in Cargolux. In fact, earlier plans of purchases has been halted. One a/c this year and one the next is indeed a nice expansion but those birds were ordered a long time ago. Beyond that, your guess is as good as theirs!!!!

Stratocaster
8th Aug 2001, 21:10
To the best of my knowledge...

Luxembourg doesn't issue licenses, they just issue validations. So it's your problem to keep your license current (and therefore your employers' problem too). You're flying with an FAA ATPL ? Keep it current and your validation will be current. Now obviously, if you're FAA, it's not such a pain in the ass as with JAA.

But things will change and JAR-OPS/FCL/etc. should be fully implemented some day. So for the time being, any ICAO license is okay, but you better have a European license in your pocket too !
See what I mean ?

CR2
8th Aug 2001, 22:58
Well the 11th -400 arrived in LUX this afternoon, LX-SCV. One more for next September, with no concrete plans for further aircraft at the moment. Our previous CEO had wanted to order another 8 or so. This led to a board room battle which he lost.
Been looking on and off at a mid-sized freighter in the A300/B767 class, but nothing has come of that so far.
Also been looking at the A380F, which I fervently hope we don't buy. Not much use as a proper freighter.