PDA

View Full Version : Not another question about the US

che turner
15th Jan 2008, 09:47
Hello to all

Just wording if any of you know if you can get your M1 visa in the USA when you are out there? As I fell I would like to take a look around some schools before choosing the best one for me.

Thanks for your help.

AIR SEYCHELLES 787
16th Jan 2008, 01:56
Hi, based on my research, no you cant get the M1 once you're there. You have to get in here as it is done at the US embassy and they need to do back ground checks etc. You can still go out there and look around though and come back here and decide where you want to go then apply for visa.

TelBoy
16th Jan 2008, 13:06
Don't forget the delays in TSA as well.

Best bet is to have a look around and talk to present students, then come back and start the process.

If you like a school why you are there, you can always pay the deposit and get your I20 there and then.

islasdad
16th Jan 2008, 16:07
No you cant get your visa while you are out there but if you are that keen you can choose your school get them to issue your I 20 while you are there and book a visit to the u.s. embassy in the bahamas. you can get regular cheap flights from Miami to Nasua. They will interview in the morning and issue your visa the same afternoon. A few of us who studied out there had problems with our school and did this it was a fairly painless process. As for TSA hold ups I have no idea where that comes from we did our TSA paperwork after we arrived during the first couple of weeks of ground school and never found it an issue.

I have been at a few different schools during fur different visits there and done my atpl ground school there p.m. me if you want my opinion on any of it because believe me there are many problems with various schools that only become apparent after you are there and you already have your visa tied to a specific school. really depends on what training you want to do.