PDA

View Full Version : At least as a freight dawg, you still have senority, except.........

2dots-low
12th May 2001, 10:10
at Atlas (and Kitty Hawk, but that's an old story).

Laid off out of senority. Boy, I sure am glad I didn't really piss off anybody.

Goddamn, I hate Fridays.

I remain,

:
low

roho
13th May 2001, 08:23
2dots;
I was outraged to see a full third of our PFEs get pink slips, and only about 5 percent of our pilots... NONE on the -400. Because of that ratio I believe this is nothing more than a bargaining strategy and Atlas will have you all back on the payroll quickly - though I'm sure it won't be soon enough! It was very low of them (but exactly what I would expect) to announce some of the furloughs only days before they were to take effect.

You sound as if you access the ALPA Boards - look for a deeper discussion of the math and reasoning behind that statement under the GENERAL-FURLOUGH heading.

Those of us still flying will do our best to see that any contract we support includes a "FULL AND IMMEDIATE RECALL" of all furloughed crew members.

There will be much more information forthcoming on the ALPA Web Board, and I hope you can be at one of the Strike Centers or at least dial in for the MEC conference call Monday, May 14th at 9 PM EDT (15/0100Z).

We will get through this, and we will do it together... and that means flying AND furloughed Atlas crews! Hang in there.

------------------
ROHO
747 FO

2dots-low
14th May 2001, 18:53
Roho,

I'll be at my strike center Monday night. Maybe I'll see you in Grapevine.

2dl

Elguapo747
19th May 2001, 20:56
On Monday I recieved my letter from Grant Kaschkie (who gives a crap if I spelled his name right) informing me that I was to be laid off :mad:

The follwing day I recieved an envelope from Atlas Air along with the OFFICIAL TIE which we are supposed to wear--with pride :rolleyes:.

I guess I can wear it with pride at the unemployment office....

------------------
El Guapo 747
(Wow that is a BIG ONE!!)

2dots-low
22nd May 2001, 09:04
The best one I heard was the ANC FE who got his "employee appreication" clock and his lay-off notice the same day.

God Damn, I hate Fridays.

2dots