PDA

View Full Version : Cost of Living in Windhoek

MrBurberry
15th Jan 2008, 05:46
Hello Ladies and Gents,

If anyone would like to divulge a little info on prices of milk, bread, meat etc.
I will be there in a few weeks and will probably end up buying a car/4x4 once I get spun up there if all goes to plan. Looking for a place to live if anyone would like to help point me in the right direction in location and what to expect $$ wise. I have heard Chameleon Hostels is a good place to start but that Arebbusch Lodge is right beside the airport from what I can see on Google Earth.

Maybe Ill run into some of you at Joes.

Cheers!

777joe
15th Jan 2008, 14:31
Howdi MrB.,

try a place called Tamboti Lodge located in town. It is managed by a very nice & helpful couple. Been there several times and it's a good & cheap place to stay for a while!

There web site: http://www.tamboti-namibia.com/

Greetz

777joe :ok:

vaninnam
15th Jan 2008, 17:06
What matters the most is the beer is only N$ 100 a case.
depends where you stay own flat or just a room anywhere from N$ 2000 a room includes most things
have fun
Yes you will see many pruners at joes.

Buzz Control
16th Jan 2008, 17:29
Mr B

If you go to Henties Bay try Sea Ace Fishing Adventures for accommodation. Very good prices for self catering.

[email protected]

Buzz

MrBurberry
17th Jan 2008, 07:48
Thank you for the help so far folks! It will help me out any anybody else out there with a bit of info ya wish you knew before ya came in country would be great!