PDA

View Full Version : Updated EK Gouge

aviationluver
14th Jan 2008, 23:50
Hello,

I have an interview coming up with EK in a few months. Can somebody PLEASE give me an updated EK gouge? I look forward to hearing from you.

MTOW
15th Jan 2008, 01:19
Forgive my ignorance, but wtf is a 'gouge'?

7x7
15th Jan 2008, 03:20
... is it American for "the good oil"?

fjordviking
15th Jan 2008, 07:20
According to my "Webster`s New World Dictionary" the word "gouge" can have several meanings relevant to EK. 1. A chisel used to carve and hollow out wood(eroding T&C`s due to several known factors)2.Extortion or swindle(well known behaviour in upper echelon of EK management). Or Mr. Aviationluver from Arizona simply just did a "typo" and meant somthing else.:8

tbaylx
15th Jan 2008, 08:00
A "gouge" is a term used for a summary or briefing of a test or interview process including typical questions asked, format etc etc.

tatin
15th Jan 2008, 08:58
Give the guy a break!

recently the whole process changed again, like everything in EK.

First day: get stuck in DXB traffic on the way to EK HQ to get the brainwash induction. (no, houses enough! Rosters? The bidding system works perfect! etc)
Built something with plastic tubes with the lot, solve some ridiculous casu (problems) and say "yes ofcourse" at the feedback.

second day: logbook check and more of day 1. In the evening you get a call if you can do the sim on day three, or send home.

third day: sim on 310 or 777 visual, ils goaround etc. Don`t get unstabelised!:rolleyes:

The schedule above is variable, certainly when an American president arrives or when it rains. If both occur at the same time, remain at home.