PDA

View Full Version : How to do things like everyone else on PPRUNE

K.Whyjelly
14th Jan 2008, 20:09
I can e-mail and do PPRUNE and send responses to other peoples posts but I can't do that funky bit of highlighting a boxed article in blue and copying it to my reply as a starting point. Don't even know where to start a search cos I don't know the term for this facility. Any tips? Its probably soooooo simple when you know how. And while I'm at it how do you attach a youtube or similar media item to a post? I learn't a lot about attaching photos cos somebody went to the trouble of posting a step by step guide which I found invaluable. How do you send a youtube video or BBC newspage to photobucket to then attach to a post?? Or does it involve too much magic for a mere mortal like me...:O

Before I get flamed over using the search function I would like to re-iterate that I would gladly do a search if I knew the terminology to help me do one..........:bored:

BDiONU
14th Jan 2008, 20:17
I I can't do that funky bit of highlighting a boxed article in blue and copying it to my reply as a starting point. Don't even know where to start a search cos I don't know the term for this facility.
You mean a reply with quote. That function was removed from PPrune due to overuse and threads quoting several previous posts. There are ways around it (obviously) and now you have a start for your search.
And while I'm at it how do you attach a youtube or similar media item to a post? I learn't a lot about attaching photos cos somebody went to the trouble of posting a step by step guide which I found invaluable. How do you send a youtube video or BBC newspage to photobucket to then attach to a post?? Or does it involve too much magic for a mere mortal like me...:O

AFAIK you can't, unless you host the media on a server and then post the URL here. Or simply post the URL from the site already hosting the media. PPRune server couldn't support hosting vast media files.

BD

BDiONU
15th Jan 2008, 06:21
Or the simple way I do it. When you click on reply you'll note the URL comes up ending in "&noquote=1". Delete the 1 and replace with a 0, voila!

BD

ZH875
15th Jan 2008, 07:20
Or the simple way I do it. When you click on reply you'll note the URL comes up ending in "&noquote=0". Delete the 0 and replace with a 1, voila!

BD
Except that it is remove the 1 and replace with a 0 (or just delete the 1 and do not replace it)