PDA

View Full Version : QF LH CC EBA8.Where did it go?

Captain.Que
14th Jan 2008, 20:01
I understand the Mods were not happy with the thread.I hope it hasnt been deleted .It had some valuable information in it.

futureflier
14th Jan 2008, 20:06
its unfortunate that its gone because as you said it has some valueble information and I actually did come on here now to look up on the conditions but looks like now I'll have to do some extended research!
At the same time I don't blame the mods as it was getting out of hand with all the whingeing!

speedbirdhouse
14th Jan 2008, 20:09
It looks to me like anything related to cabin crew will be deleted or moved.

Surfside6 has one thread running on D&G titled A380 the elite fleet.

I guess the mods haven't seen it yet.

Interesting that the ginger beers can have threads running that are far more vitriolic than ours was..............

jetjockey7
14th Jan 2008, 22:25
Ban the offending posters but dont delete the thread.
Please.....

cementhead
14th Jan 2008, 23:02
I guess us gingerbeers and the flight attendants have to stop venting. when the trolls attack.its a tried and proven way to close forums send in a troll.

Mr. Hat
14th Jan 2008, 23:07
Might be in the cabin crew forum.

Professional PILOT rumour network.

Captain.Que
14th Jan 2008, 23:43
Did a search for Veronica's posts and nothing came up for QF CC LH EBA8.
20,000 hits for that thread and all that information lost all because of a few trolls....A great Shame.

simsalabim
14th Jan 2008, 23:58
More like the precious mods . So much for free speech.Searching for unjoin now.

Autobrakes4
14th Jan 2008, 23:58
It's in Jet Blast, a couple of pages in. But it has been locked/closed.

Captain.Que
15th Jan 2008, 00:16
Its largely intact but with a few of the last posts missing

Tidbinbilla
15th Jan 2008, 01:28
That's correct, folks.

Some of you aren't playing nice, and are spoiling it for everyone else. Those of you who have been here a while would remember being thrown out of the Cabin Crew forums for similar conduct. We took you here because we feel you have something to offer the rest of us.

Unfortunately when things turn into a 10 page bitch session it wears thin with us mods. We're the ones who have to keep the threads clean and it takes time we could be spending doing more enjoyable things. As I wrote - one thread being so high maintenance from a mod's perspective needs action. Close, delete, or move. I moved it to JetBlast seeing that this was the way the tone of the thread was heading.:suspect:

It didn't last long there either because one of the other mods closed it down.

So it's up to you. Play nice or don't play at all.:)

TID

resboy
15th Jan 2008, 14:26
I'm not QF long haul crew, but in their defence, and anyone else who wishes to post in the D&G forum who heaven forbid isn't a professional pilot, please note the sub title to the DG Forum is ...

"An independent family of forums covering all aspects of the Australian/NZ aviation scene"

I see two options ...

Firstly, the mods change this and make these forums pilots-only, hence banning flight attendants, engineers, ground staff, travel agents and armchair experts.

Alternatively, those who don't wish to read about Aust/NZ non-pilot issues (eg very important EBA developments in the world of QF Cabin Crew and QF Engineers), simply stay away.

GAS guy
15th Jan 2008, 15:31
Another option: Put the cabin crew back in the CC forum where they came from and where they belong. If they blow their welcome there then they can hit the road. Easy.

jungle juice
15th Jan 2008, 19:13
The problem was not the location of the thread and it was not that people have different opinions on the way to move forward.

The problem was the incessant personal attacks and basically infantile behaviour of most there.The thread and the ones before it were used by some to basically push an agenda and they could not appreciate that not everyone has the same opinion.

Then there were others who would appear to only want to have the thread closed down because the thread did not coincide with their views and it looks like some people have been banned.

I don't know about the rest of you but I don't like my reputation tainted because of the actions of the few who post here.

Since we work in an environment that precludes us from being able to meet as a group this forum gives us the chance to talk and hear what is happening in our part of the world.

The thread as mentioned was in an area for all aviation interests in Australia and enZed and since that that means us as well we should be able to post here but on past performance I can't see that happening.

This only serves to give those who do not want us here a reason to complain to the moderators and then history seems to have a habit of repeating itself with a certain sad regularity.

Bazzamundi
15th Jan 2008, 19:43
There is a dedicated site for cabin crew just like this is for pilots. Why not take your discussion over there? Going through the threads in this (cabin crwe) forum I don't see that it is taken over by pilots having handbag slinging competitions. There is even a dedicated thread on Qantas issues for QF cabin crew.

http://www.cabincrew.com/ccnetwork/default.asp

Otherwise, take it back to the Cabin Crew section of this website. Easy.

jungle juice
15th Jan 2008, 21:07
Bazzamundi

I agree that there are some cabin crew here that are more than a little annoying however,I have seen similar behaviour from pilots as well as engineers in other threads in this forum.

As has been pointed out this is not a dedicated site just for pilots and is intended for all aspects of aviation in this part of the world.

There are other sites that are dedicated to pilots just as there are for cabin crew.

If the crew here don't overstep their mark then I don't understand why you have a problem with a cabin crew thread in D & G.

I understand that you may not be interested in cabin crew matters and since there are literally dozens of other threads then I'm sure that there are enough that will interest you.

mach2male
15th Jan 2008, 22:06
There is a room full of pilots....Several QF LH guys,a few from Jetstar,ex Airforce types,some"89ers,cadets,mix in GA,put an esky full of beer in a corner and what do you have?
A recipe for a punchup.
Read some of the Pilot threads ...talk about handbag bitch slapping.
Mysogynistic,homophobic time warped dinosaurs who have difficulty seeing another point of view.

Tidbinbilla
15th Jan 2008, 22:35
Thank you for your input :cool:

** click **