PDA

View Full Version : QCCC Recruitment 2008

red or white
14th Jan 2008, 18:59
Been invited to recruitment day friday 18 jan. Anybody else. What can i expect on the day? Does anybody know how much one can expect to take home a week/fortnight with allowances. It seems a basepay of 33k is pretty low!
Also what is the flying patterns. I know its hard to say but just give me an idea. Lets say you do syd/lax how much time do you have in lax then lax/syd how much time do you have at home before you do lets say a syd/lax again?
Any help is appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I am nervous

futureflier
14th Jan 2008, 21:38
I'm going to the one tomorrow so I'll be able to give you a better idea then!
I realised too that $33k p.a does seem a bit low so I'm waiting to see how much in allowances and flying pay do we get on top of that because as I understand crews normally get $40+k p.a which sounds more decent.

sebby
14th Jan 2008, 21:50
I think you will find the 40k will be your "payslip" salary plus you will receive allownaces in local currnecies upon arrival on your trips. These can be quite substancial, and if you're wise you will save some and take them home and change back into aus dollars and hardly touch your base and flying pay and use it only to pay bills and rent...

red or white
15th Jan 2008, 06:44
Good Luck futureflier!!!!!!!!!! Can not wait to hear what I can expect on my day on friday????
What are the allowances appro that are handed at destination lets say lax again???What is the 2.60 per block hour payment????

Mr Seatback 2
15th Jan 2008, 07:18
The allowances vary by length of slip (whether it covers breakfast, lunch, dinner), as well as by destination. A LAX allowance is about $US115 per full 24 hours (as I understand, according to my L/H mates).

Some destinations, however, do not necessarily convert favourably to $AUS, depending on the exchange rate - if that's what you choose to do.

The block hour payment is paid from 'chocks off' (when the aircraft is pushed back from the gate) until 'chocks on' (when the aircraft parks at the gate).

There is a difference between 'duty hour' and 'block hour'...duty hour is all the hours you work, including sign on time, sign off time, any turnaround time, etc...

'block hour' is strictly flight time as dictated above...so not including the sign on period, any time on the ground, etc.

Lots of variables when it comes to take home pay, especially since QCCA crew haven't actually been recruited as yet. We'll all learn more about it once the crew start flying, as the regional flying to Asia hasn't been blocked into Long Haul bid books as yet.

Hope this helps.

red or white
15th Jan 2008, 18:36
Thanks MRSEATBACK.
What can I expect from the recrtuitmentday????Getting a bit nervy......How can I prepare myself..also is 40 too old??

Mr Seatback 2
15th Jan 2008, 23:38
As far as the recruitment day goes...who the hell knows?! LOL...I imagine it will be the usual thing, group exercises, and so on.

Just turn up with all the right documents, enjoy yourself and, more importantly, relax and be yourself. Easier said than done, I know...but give it a shot anyway.

40 isn't too old...hell, you'll be flying with people older than that!

Good luck with everything!

Bad Hat Harry
17th Jan 2008, 05:35
The person most likely interviewing you is not a flying person.The office dwellers with the least experience in anything have been seconded.At least with experienced crew they wont employ some one who is a dud because eventually they will have to fly with them

Mr Seatback 2
19th Jan 2008, 06:47
I SOUND knowledgeable...but the truth is far less exciting! LOL