PDA

View Full Version : New-hire cadets in this part of the world?

I'mbatman
14th Jan 2008, 17:50
Can anyone tell me some airlines that hire zero-time cadets and train them ab-initio style?

MidgetBoy
15th Jan 2008, 00:39
http://www.flighttrainingadelaide.com/about/corporate-client/
That's a link to the company that does cadet training for many airlines that have a cadet program. There is also Singapore Airlines that offers cadet programs too.

thornycactus
16th Jan 2008, 16:26
Can anyone tell me some airlines that hire zero-time cadets and train them ab-initio style?

The only airline in the whole world that I know of is SIA (Singapore International Airlines), which they train foreign cadets to right-hand-seat!

Believe it or not, SIA is the "only" airline that hires and trains foreign pilots rather than their own citizens! :ugh:

Left Wing
17th Jan 2008, 02:22
its not just SIA, its the same story with Tiger & Jet Star :ugh:

name of user
17th Jan 2008, 05:17
Originally Posted by thornycactus
Believe it or not, SIA is the "only" airline that hires and trains foreign pilots rather than their own citizens!

I beg to differ. They hire and train Singaporeans as well.

Or perhaps I just don't get your sarcasm.:confused:

MidgetBoy
19th Jan 2008, 06:41
Don't you need a permanent resident status to apply for SIA's CPP...

kefz
20th Jan 2008, 08:33
perhaps they think the westerners have more of the brains compared to the asians :)

babyboeing400
20th Jan 2008, 10:36
kefz,they hire foreign cadets who come from Malaysia,Hong Kong,and India,as far as i know,they do not train westerners ab-initio style for right hand seat on their jets..get your facts right first before you say anything that might offend people.

kefz
20th Jan 2008, 12:06
chill out... dont get so emotional babyboeing... just another typical singaporean... oh well.. .

punkalouver
20th Jan 2008, 13:17
Looking at the type of country that has been built in Singapore overall, I would say that there is no shortage of brainpower.

malaysiacadet
20th Jan 2008, 15:29
kefzperhaps they think the westerners have more of the brains compared to the asianssorry mate, but you are not only targetting singaporeans, from your message, you targeted the Asians. I have to agree with babyboeing400, and i think as a professional flight crew, those words shouldn't come from you. Tonight, before you go to bed, think again bout what u said.

mata7
23rd Jan 2008, 21:22
hi thornycactus,

---------------The only airline in the whole world that I know of is SIA (Singapore International Airlines), which they train foreign cadets to right-hand-seat!

Believe it or not, SIA is the "only" airline that hires and trains foreign pilots rather than their own citizens! :ugh:----------------

you mentioned earlier that SIA is the only airline training foreign cadets. is that still the case? i dont see it on their site anymore. i am an indian pilot finishing up his faa cpl by month end and am on the job hunt. any help would be appreciated. noob here to the forums!

-roh

thornycactus
24th Jan 2008, 17:43
you mentioned earlier that SIA is the only airline training foreign cadets. is that still the case? i dont see it on their site anymore. i am an indian pilot finishing up his faa cpl by month end and am on the job hunt. any help would be appreciated. noob here to the forums!-roh
Yes. SIA still does pilot recruitment in India. When it first started, the Indian Nationals were surprised. :eek:

Recruitment may be found in local India's newspaper and not in the website. One thing for sure, lots of Indians (from India) got into SIA!

mata7
26th Jan 2008, 22:37
thanks thornycactus. i had no idea that was the case. im heading back there early feb and will get on it asap. thanks! im assuming its a similar scene with jetstar and tiger. or not. but i get that the websites are not always the only places to look. thank you for the help!

Eric Y
29th Jan 2008, 21:18
Cathay Pacific will be hiring all year long, and Dragon Air also hiring CPP now until March. But you need to be HK resident in order to apply.