PDA

View Full Version : Which Modular Flight Schools Offer Accommodation?

Lawn Mower
14th Jan 2008, 17:27
Hi all,

I am in the process of deciding which flight school to go to for the CPL/MEP/IR. Unfortunately due to there being no decent flight schools near to where I live I am going to need accommodation for the training period.

Am I right in thinking that Stapleford are the only modular school that offer accommodation for their students, or are there any others? I am currently considering a few FTOs, but am rye to spend 3 months or so living in a b n b.

Platinum206
14th Jan 2008, 17:38
do you mean literally on site where you won't have to drive/ cycle/ hitch etc?

maxdrypower
14th Jan 2008, 17:39
Cant speak for the others but BCFT have a list of local accomodations that accept students at their school only . Most of these are guest house which are annexed to private houses . Price range from 12-25 per night depending on your requirments. I am paying 15 per night for room with bed furniture desk lamp tv dvd and wireless internet access. Shared bathroom and kitchen with three other students .

hollingworthp
14th Jan 2008, 18:27
I believe OAT make accomodation available to modular students.

captain_rossco
14th Jan 2008, 19:27
Yep, believe it or not, Oxford offer accommodation to their lowly Modular students too,AND at the same price, I should know, I'm one of them. Although don't tell the integrated students or they'll start wondering where the hell that extra money goes!!!!!

Regards

CR

:ok:

norton2005
14th Jan 2008, 20:38
Yes Oxford's acomodation is for modular guys too and stapleford also have onsite accomodation. some of Staplefords accomodation is REALLY onsite, as in theres rooms not only a small walk away but also right next to recepton and the flight planning room lol.