PDA

View Full Version : PCH Helicopters

eoincarey
14th Jan 2008, 15:59
Hey guys

Anyone know what's happened to the above company. Based at Torrance in California, looking to go over in that general direction to get my PPL (H) this summer. I'd heard good things about them but their website appears down and their emails bounce. Any ideas?

While we're on the topic I'll gladly take any suggestions for other schools in the vicinity. Anyone know anything about Celebrity (I know they've been discussed briefly in the past)?

Cheers

ETC

whirlydude
14th Jan 2008, 16:42
Went bankrupt at the end of the summer . One of the owners cant be contacted . Do a search and you will find out where he is and if you find him i would like my unused block money back :mad:. I will only get burned once . Seems he left a few people unhappy .
Another school has started up called Tri Star .

Islandcrazy
14th Jan 2008, 16:54
Hi there,

On the subject of another flying school in the area, only a short distance from Torrance..... I can highly recommend LA Helicopters. I have been back and forth there from the UK for 3 years and they have always given a first class quality service. Importantly (in my opinion) they train out of Long Beach airport which is very busy and lets you learn in a realistic environment.

The instructors are excellent and their operations manager is a highly experienced commercial pilot who adds an important real world element to the training.

Oh and did I mention the social life..... ;)

If you would like any more info....please PM me.

Thanks

IC

biggdav
15th Jan 2008, 16:17
Also try Rotoraviation at Longbeach. Benn there several times and great bunch to fly with.

chester2005
17th Jan 2008, 12:12
I would like to agree with Islandcrazy
LA helicopters have provided an excellent service to me for the last 3 years i cannot find fault with them!!!!!!!!

Chester:ok::ok: