PDA

View Full Version : bmi Fleet Repaint?

TCX69
13th Jan 2008, 23:36
bmi changed their livery a fair few years ago now. Will the odd few a/c still wearing the interim livery ever get painted into full bmi colours? Surely they've had their heavy maintanence by now?

Also when, if ever, will the ex BMed a/c be painted into full bmi colours? The livery is so smart! It's a shame all the a/c don't have it! :ugh:

bmibus
14th Jan 2008, 11:10
bmi is an airline with no direction so with all that is going on I think the colours are the last thing on their minds.

BUT from a customer point of view ofcourse there is nothing wrong with the A/C but jo bloggs doesn't know that so if he sees a dirty chipped A/C he thinks the worst an may not fly bmi again. He tells his mates not to fly bmi as they have old nakerd planes! We get comments all the time from passengers asking if we are even bmi crew because they don't recognise the scheem!

slapdash8
16th Jan 2008, 21:58
they'll all get a repaint soon

in BA liveries

most maintenance facilities ive visited dont have the capability to repaint a whole a/c, so even if it has had its base check, a full repaint would have to be scheduled elsewhere

SinBin
21st Jan 2008, 18:33
G-MIDY has been repainted. So explain that one. So much negativity with midland. Gets tedious!!

TCX69
21st Jan 2008, 18:48
Someone else has said that DY is now painted. Not seen any pics of it yet though. Wonder when DW/DZ will be painted? Let alone the rest. Not being negative but it has been 7 years ago the livery was launched!

VillWill
23rd Jan 2008, 16:17
G-MIDY has been repainted. So explain that one. So much negativity with midland. Gets tedious!!

Exactly, BMI attracts alot of criticism and i know they tend to start routes and pull routes quite often but IMO they offer a good product for a good price.

Someone else has said that DY is now painted. Not seen any pics of it yet though. Wonder when DW/DZ will be painted? Let alone the rest. Not being negative but it has been 7 years ago the livery was launched!
Yes DY has been painted, i have personally seen it, it has also had the new Business Class seat fitted along with DT and DO(which was the first to have them). DW will not be repainted as it is now EC-KEC flying for Spanair. DZ and DC(a321) are the only two airbus a/c remaining in old colours.

CAT3C AUTOLAND
3rd Mar 2008, 16:39
I am going to take my details brushes to work tomorrow ;).

sevenforeseven
5th Mar 2008, 19:48
:{:{The second ship that must have been painted, must have used the paint left over from the first one. (He HE He). Perhaps that makes a hybrid delux? BMI, are a typical "northern" outfit with no idea whtas happening in the real world. Aye, aye, me lad.:ugh: