PDA

View Full Version : Channex getting second 733QC this week?

CargoOne
2nd Aug 2001, 13:46
Can anyone confirm?

CR2
2nd Aug 2001, 14:48
According to their website, they don't have any 73s...'bout time they updated it!web page (http://http://www.channel-express.co.uk)

CargoOne
2nd Aug 2001, 21:00
yep, a little bit strange but they not updating their website (nevertheless they removed Tony Carder contacts from site in two weeks after he moved to Atlas!). they operating one 733QC at the moment but heard somewhere they expecting arrival of second aircraft later this week.

4Screwaircrew
2nd Aug 2001, 21:07
Channex are operating 1 737 330 QC TF ELP and the second TF ELR has just completed a check with FLS at DUB and should be in the spray shop as I type.

exrotarybooty
2nd Aug 2001, 23:26
Hey guys, if you look at the parent company Web Site, WWW.dartgroup.co.uk (http://WWW.dartgroup.co.uk) there is news of the 737s, the full Chairman's Statement and the Review of Operations. Hope this helps. ;)

Top Loadie
5th Aug 2001, 00:09
Apparently the aircraft is in BOH getting it's new paint job as we type... :eek:

VIKING9
5th Aug 2001, 14:36
:o If Channex 733's are QC, do they operate flts with SLF?? If so, do they have their own hosties or are they Icelandic :eek: Just curious :p

Boeingman
5th Aug 2001, 21:12
Plan is to bring them on to British register as soon as approval from SRG is achieved, according to the ERG.

I seem to remember in the distant past that the CAA had a problem with the QC ? Can anyone help ?

skybabster777
5th Aug 2001, 22:36
Channex have got their own hosties and what a good bunch they have. The aim is to have their own aoc at the end of the year!

Top Loadie
6th Aug 2001, 04:43
Channex have their own hosties who have been trained to the Icelandic AOC that the aircraft operate under. ("Them gals are jus' so pretty"! :D ) There are a few guys as well. I've seen the aircraft going in and out of STN on a regular basis, not just on the mail flights. Apparently they've been bailing Go out on a few occasions and they've been getting excellent reviews!

I heard that the CAA have a few problems with the freight door? (That's not written in stone though, just what I heard....)

boxjockey99
8th Aug 2001, 06:58
second 737-300Qc arrived earlier today with all the spotter population of BOH at the end of the R/W to welcome it in!! it will be in the spray shop during the week and will depart for STN to begin it's pax/frt life with Channex early next week. :D

MSF
9th Aug 2001, 03:27
I hear the A300's are up for sale with a contract about to be lost.

Cee of Gee
10th Aug 2001, 11:12
:rolleyes: MSF,
contracts flown by Channex A300's are about to have a slight shuffle, but none lost. As for A/C for sale, thinks you might have the wrong company!
;)

4Screwaircrew
10th Aug 2001, 13:44
Skybabster777 I think you may be just a little biased about the Channex cabin crew but you are right a top notch bunch of girls and boys to work with.

The only thing preventing the aircraft from being UK registered is the lack of CAA certification for the door, this is being worked on. As soon as we can we will be UK registered.

freightdoggy dog
11th Aug 2001, 00:02
MSF, why would Channex put an A300 up for sale if they are all under contract for the next 12 months making money?
Perhaps you should be looking at some other operator?
As for the Loadies now pushing trollies, I hear that the girlie punters just can't get enough of MM!!!!!lucky devil :p

**MM**
11th Aug 2001, 19:40
Time to break my silence...

Where did you hear that vicious rumor freightdoggydog? Was it during morning prayers or from AS?
The SLF must have liked the L188 tea, no complaints so far. At least I serve it hot and I now know how to stir with a spoon... :D

It's a dirty job but somebody's got to do it. You've seen how good the view is...

Seriously, I for one am glad that the company didn't give us the push, unlike some freight operators would have. It's better than being in the "give us a job" queue.

MM

Top Loadie
11th Aug 2001, 21:37
Versatile lot aren't we!
I suppose that's what happens when you're shoved out on the ramp in the middle of the night when everyone else is tucked up in bed.
"Any problems, ask the Loadmaster/dispatcher/dangerous goods expert/mathematician/agony aunt/company representative....."
:rolleyes: :D

A and C
11th Aug 2001, 23:52
Is the new 737 EFIS or clockwork at the front ?

Maxpowerflap78 !

4Screwaircrew
12th Aug 2001, 12:34
Both aircraft are EFIS equipped but with the old style engine instruments, they are a matched pair down the production line together and operated by Lufthansa from new.

Not quite as swept up as your 800's but working well and going places we would never have dreamed about in the hydraulic dinosaur.

freightdoggy dog
12th Aug 2001, 14:57
MM, a little Irish lassie leaves cryptic comments that would make me blush.Have to say if I was 10 years younger............
Ps Top Trolley would be a good handle.
(beware those that can ping com ports)

Top Loadie
12th Aug 2001, 19:52
freightdoggydog
Have to say if I was 10 years younger....
...you would still be too old!!! You spend too long doing your hair anyway.
I heard she was from Fulham.... :D :D ;)

boxjockey99
14th Aug 2001, 00:05
MM you still haven't contacted me about the finaces involved in flight training. if you need my number talk to the aircrew manager. looks like you won't be using PPSC for your ground school though!! :rolleyes:

**MM**
14th Aug 2001, 01:52
boxjocky99
The company have been seeing to it that I don't have a social life, plus the girlies have been keeping me very busy...
Private message on its way...

doggydogtrained
16th Aug 2001, 17:21
Mr MM. Trolleys do suit you so ive heard, keep up the mincing boyo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oggy
18th Aug 2001, 19:04
Will hope the pictures of Top loadie with his dress on will be appearing on pprune soon. :eek: Apparently the press took some pictures last week.

Top Loadie
19th Aug 2001, 00:05
doggydogtrained
As long as I'm getting my payslip at the end of the month...!
Its not exactly difficult, lots of sitting around. I hear the others are finding it a bit hard though.
How are your expenses doing?
:D

Oggy
How did it go in MST? :D
You want to be careful with the dress comment. I saw you in those shorts and sandals!!! :eek:

Oggy
20th Aug 2001, 03:27
Top Loadie
:cool: MST went OK.

Hope you're getting nice trips and some time in the sun.

4Screwaircrew
20th Aug 2001, 18:24
TF ELR is now in service based at EGSS

Top Loadie
22nd Aug 2001, 00:36
...very nice too?! Is the door fixed yet? I heard it's still under warranty from the work at FLS DUB. LP had to go to JER as LR couldn't be freight configured. The rain still pours in though (a la L188). :rolleyes:

Just to keep the rumor going, anyone heard when the third aircraft is due and will it be a QC, pax only or freight only aircraft? :D

Oggy
The only sun I'm getting at the moment is in between the rain showers at STN.
We wait and we wonder....

[ 21 August 2001: Message edited by: Top Loadie ]

Cee of Gee
22nd Aug 2001, 11:29
4Screwaircrew
:eek:Just when you thought it was safe....!
I bet all the ex-L188 guys jumped for joy when the 737 was sent to JER! Though I hear a 'hot' breakfast now comes as standard!!
Is it to be a regular trip, and do the Loadies fly? Maybe the supply of doors for ZU has finally run out!

ragspanner
23rd Aug 2001, 03:12
Anyone taxied one of the 73's off the side of the runway yet ? :D .

A and C
24th Aug 2001, 17:58
Ouch....I can see that the gloves have come off !.

The Guvnor
24th Aug 2001, 20:31
BTW, it's Farnair that are dumping their A300Fs - not Channex.

Top Loadie
27th Aug 2001, 12:18
Cee of Gee
ZU was back on the JER this weekend. Don't know what happened about the breakfasts. Those little trays take ages to heat over the kettle... :D :D

Vmike
29th Aug 2001, 03:26
MM - what's this I hear about you doing the ATPL exams? Are you mad? Or is it just a PPL for fun. If Mad, welcome to the club.

**MM**
30th Aug 2001, 01:45
Vmike
Where did you hear that? Not entirely true.
The birthday-booze ( :D) induced conversation we had in EMA a while back got me looking into it, plus talking to a few others (KC, PK, TR). Lots of money though :(
You know how it is, keeping my options open. I'm planning on being a millionaire by 40 but I won't do it on my current salary. :rolleyes: Got to move up... Mind you, I probably won't do it on a pilots salary either!!

Cee of Gee
30th Aug 2001, 21:06
Top Loadie
I was the chosen one!
With speed tape for the door in hand, I departed breakfast-less.(till EDI anyway).
ZU...kettle!? Flask you mean.

Top Loadie
31st Aug 2001, 01:22
Cee of Gee
Ah ha! It was you! ;) Bet the JER ground guys were surprised to see you. :eek:
So you didn't get back to the STN Stilton Hotel on Sunday, straight into the Batmobile back to the Batcave, eh?
What have you heard about going back? You'll soon be able to put the steel toecaps away and get the slippers back on! :D :D

Cee of Gee
1st Sep 2001, 20:05
Top Loadie
Oh yes, it's me.
Didn't half miss that trip :rolleyes:
No such joy. Fly GO, then two days stuck in the Stilton!zzzzzzzzzzz. Then CGN!!
As for which footwear, I hear a different story every other week. I think I'll just wait 'n' see. :confused:

freightdoggy dog
5th Sep 2001, 23:59
MM you will be a millionaire by 30 if you keep doing "photo shoots" with the girls. Was it a tight fit on the back seat of the co car all the way back to Stan and Teds?
Did you do the Engerland flight to Munich?
heard Mickey could not belive it.

green cart pusher
10th Sep 2001, 02:48
It was avery tight fit in the car on the way back with MM ! :D

**MM**
12th Sep 2001, 15:46
freightdoggydog
Not much chance of becoming a millionaire doing photoshoots on our hourly rate. What would Crewing say if I told them I won't get out of bed for less than ££££? We havn't seen the photos yet.
The trip in the 807 was certainly cosy. Not much room to lie down :D. Loads of dog hairs in it again :mad: . Traffic was a ba***rd on the M25, saw a few Coppers we knew...
I wasn't on the Munich flight, I think it was MH. Heard there were a lot of p****d up tw*ts on board :rolleyes: giving him stick :( . Not good!

green cart pusher
Tight fit, eh? I love it when you talk dirty!! :D ;)

freightdoggy dog
13th Sep 2001, 02:53
MM, were the hairs Essex blonde. Also hear Colin got a right eyefull of the real thing instead of what he usually looks at on his laptop!. Oh you lucky lucky loadies, just another week of boxes for me.Must get back to talking with YODA (AS) :p

**MM**
28th Sep 2001, 21:19
Are you doing the company deliveries now freightdoggydog? My trousers didn't fit, will you come and pick them up and maybe you could alter them for me?! (Well, we have been told that we should be multi-trained!) :D :D

freightdoggy dog
29th Sep 2001, 00:20
Not big enough in the crutch eh! Must have been Colins'.Yep brown envelopes full of wonga is my forte. Please feel free to come round to the Luv Shack in BS next week as Robin will be making the tea (after washing his hands). :eek:

Cee of Gee
29th Sep 2001, 02:58
Nobody told me Robin's there next week!!
What a room mate.
This week I heard that NX will definitely be put in for C check, despite MC opinions!
I wonder how close to the Ryanair hostee's place in BS we are!!
Is this true freightdoggydog. You, me, EDI, L188, Wed :p

Top Loadie
29th Sep 2001, 15:40
Mmmmmm...
Cee of Gee
That sounds very cosy, enjoy! :p
The Ryanair place is very close, do you know how to get to H2O's? :D

Are we taking bets on RB calling in sick, or does the combined four days allowances cover his petrol money? ;)

[ 29 September 2001: Message edited by: Top Loadie ]

freightdoggy dog
29th Sep 2001, 18:26
C of G, yep you and me EDI,L188 WED. I'll kick you out of Robins' bed WED am. If Billy Liar knew everything why did he buy his 4x4 from Dubai?
Top Loadie, It is indeed very near the Ryanair Hostees and yes I'll be strutting me stuff in H20,s with the green cart tart pushers. My only worry is that Robin will be caught flashing in the school grounds of Stortford Boys. :eek:

Cee of Gee
29th Sep 2001, 20:12
The world according to Billy Bulls**t is a weird and wonderful one! It amazes me just how many times he can include it in EVERY conversation.
Do you reckon we'll actually see sicknote?
One of you guys will have point me in the direction of those two fine establishments in Stortford. Just got to try and find a good story to get in the Ryanair one. I know!, BILLY!
Have you seen the latest from the world of memo? I see again they don't know where they want me? Yet again, different story.
*MM* gets the same.
Read it again, did you see who actually gets a thankyou. When's the last time you guys heard one!
See ya soon.
:rolleyes:

Ivan aromer
29th Sep 2001, 23:11
With all this Channex "in talk" perhaps it is time for a dedicated channel forum????????
Philip would hate it!

Cee of Gee
30th Sep 2001, 20:46
A channex forum sounds like a fine idea.
What do the rest of the mob reckon??

freightdoggy dog
30th Sep 2001, 23:39
a.k.a "The Peugeot 405's" seeing we spend so much time in them! :p

**MM**
1st Oct 2001, 00:06
How about "The Seasiders" or "The Beach Boys". :D Maybe a company song...it could be "Oh we do like to be beside the seaside..."! :D I can imagine them singing it in morning prayers! :p

Nice to see they got round to updating the Channex website, although the pax bit is still under construction...when did that happen?

[ 01 October 2001: Message edited by: **MM** ]

Harrier46
1st Oct 2001, 05:56
Hot poop for all you Channex guys is that RB has indeed gone sick. Trust you are all suitably surprised.

freightdoggy dog
1st Oct 2001, 21:25
From where you are sitting Starlifter, does RB go sick more than a F27 gearbox?
The Seasiders MM? when do I get time to sit on the beach, keep getting called out to cover RB! ha ha :D