PDA

View Full Version : Citation CJ3+

Guptar
13th Jan 2008, 01:05
How long before Cessna upgrades the CJ3 to 3+

What would you like to see improvements in. Avionics, Engines, Speed, Range?

mobie
13th Jan 2008, 03:22
The new CJ3 will be the CJ4, .80 for speed a bit more range and load.

Mobie

nomorecatering
13th Jan 2008, 04:50
Will the CJ4 be certified for single pilot ops.

saab340ryder
19th Jan 2008, 07:38
Cessna upgraded CJ2 in to CJ2+ the main difference being FADEC's on engines, some more power, a little bit betterperformance, but they throw away thrust attenuators ( one of the reasons that NetJets doesn't wan't to put them in to the fleet ), some better avionics ( Collins 3000 ), plus mome minor differencies...
All this CJ3 had from the begining so there is no need to upgrade it ot some + variant. If I have to retard throtles at F410 not to exced the speed I don't know what more I need, realy spacious cabin....

CJ4 is something totaly new, swept wing, even stronger engines...but I belive the price will bring it in to the class of bigger aircrafts.

BTW, does any one know if CJ4 will be single pilot ACFT..it is shure nice to cruise single with Cj1/2/3's, no one to bother's you there on the right seat:}:}

cheers

nomorecatering
20th Jan 2008, 12:45
There is a Citation forum. On it they said the CJ4 will be certified for Single Pilot.

Does anyone have an electronic copy of the Airplane Flight Manual. I have a few questions that the AFM would help me find the answer. Some include

Holding fuel flow and ALT/FL for planning purposes.

Wish Cessna would provide for an ER version of their citations, seems that their range is tailored for US ops. A business colegue of mine has a 500 series with sierra mods, think its an eagle long wing. has flown Australia to the US several times, but due to the short range has to go via Russia and Alaska, usually 1 or 2POB only.

Sierra only recently has designed a fuselage tank that gives it a 2400nm IFR range, enough for Sydney/Fiji/HNL/LAX. Its their Super S2 with winglets.

The SJ30-2 would fit the bill nicely but its future is under a cloud.

Whats the longest leg you would attempt in CJ3, no wind no alternate reqd for simplicity.

saab340ryder
26th Jan 2008, 21:35
My longest was 1750NM...4hours 11 minute...high speed cruise...F430...some headwind....landed with 1400lbs of fuel.

I do although know someone who flew 1900NM in 5 hours and 36 minutes...long range cruise...landed with 1020lbs...

Would take with no problems up to 4 hours / 1600 NM with 2-4 pax...but you have to get up realy fast.

see ya