PDA

View Full Version : B747-400 Type Rating

DQ-PILOT
12th Jan 2008, 23:02
Hi All,

Would appreciate it if anyone could post approximate cost in USD, to complete a B747-400 Type Rating at Alteon/Boeing.

Thanks in advance.

BelArgUSA
13th Jan 2008, 01:14
PanAm Flight Academy does it at the NWA Training Center, in Minneapolis.
If I recall the numbers, around US$ 16,000 -
Takes about 4 weeks.
xxx
:)
Happy contrails

jdoherty
13th Jan 2008, 20:07
Hello - I just started teaching B744 at Alteon - will get the answer to this question for you ASAP.

wigwag
13th Jan 2008, 20:56
jdoherty id be interested in the information also please as well as the time scale involved.

Thanks

ww
:)

DQ-PILOT
14th Jan 2008, 07:33
Thanks for your reply BelArgUSA. Looking forward to your info jdoherty. Furthur to my previous question, is there a difference in price for Airline sponsored trainees and privately sponsored trainees?

Thanks again.

F.QII
14th Jan 2008, 09:58
Am also interested in doing a 747-400 rating,anybody looking for a sim partner?

jdoherty
14th Jan 2008, 15:59
Here is some approximate guidance: the type rating costs from $15k-$20k depending on the extent of the training. the extent of the training is dependent on the pilot's experience level and other needs. If the pilot has significant and relatively recent glass experience and significant PIC time in air carrier aircraft , he/she may find the shortened course appropriate and come in at the low end of the cost. Also price dependent on if additional training such as Cat II/III, RVSM, etc. is undertaken.

the extent of the course: the "long" course is 2 days of Computer Based Training (CBT) on systems and related; then 8 days of combined CBT and Fixed Based Simulator (FBS) where systems knowledge is integrated into normal and non-normal procedures; followed by 8 training periods in the Full Flight Simulator (FFS); then the Type Rating event. Depending on the pilot's needs, a LOFT and/or other training can follow. All courses include an open book written systems exam and FAA or JAA type rating curriculums include an oral exam. The short course is approximately 4 days shorter.

let me know if i can be of further service. jd

jdoherty
14th Jan 2008, 16:01
Please see my response to DQ-PILOT (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=174574) . jd

jdoherty
14th Jan 2008, 16:05
I can't speak with authority on that, in part because actual cost is murky, in part because I am not privy to the actual contracts. Many of the Boeing customers get pilot training included with the aircraft deal, so how much does any one specific aspect of the transaction cost? Hard to say. Also it is fair to assume that those customers who purchase a lot of training have leverage to get favorable terms. Everything is subject to negotiation.

I hope this helps. jd

DQ-PILOT
14th Jan 2008, 19:20
Thanks jd for your very informative posts. Cheers...