PDA

View Full Version : QF A380..The Elite Fleet?

surfside6
12th Jan 2008, 22:28
The EBA has been voted up by a large majority.
One of the concerns expressed during the voting was the A380 and its conditions and access.
It will fly initially to LAX and LHR with a crew compliment of 20(?).Current crew will be limited to 20% of the complement.The CSM and CSS will be current employees.It may have 4 classes and be configged to carry between 450 and 550 pax.There will be no seniority,a fairshare roster system and top up payments for current crew.Plus you can be rostered up to 240hrs/BP
So.....not very attractive is it?
No bid system,huge hours,2 destinations,no seniority,a huge crew (with all the associated problems).
Who will work on it and what will be their motivation to do so?

mrpaxing
13th Jan 2008, 01:10
mentioned the word "elite". this alone will get some juniors going!!!!!!
also the exiting choice of 4 Lax & 6 Sin, or 6 LAX and 2 or 3 SIN a roster should get roster stability??????????:E

surfside6
13th Jan 2008, 02:23
For the first few years, until critical mass is reached,flying on the dugong will probably be ok.Cross crewing,secondments long slips will provide for a certain positive vibe.
Now if the LHR base is reviewed and closed,trips through BKK,SIN and HKG to LHR and elsewhere will only add to the mix

RedTBar
13th Jan 2008, 03:17
Now if the LHR baseis reviewed and closed,trips through BKK,SIN and HKG to LHR and elsewhere will only add to the mix

surfside,It seems as if I've heard that idea on another thread from someone else?
The only fly in the ointment I can think of is super.Does anyone here know if the company has to pay super or something like that for the lhr crew.
Unless the new company that Dixon has started has it's headquarters off shore it will have to pay super here for the new qcca 'b' scale crew.
So maybe the lhr base will still be cheaper even if the pay is less.

surfside6
13th Jan 2008, 03:24
I didnt claim the re evaluation of the LHR base as my own.
Just restating an idea.

Pegasus747
13th Jan 2008, 03:44
U5mj

One error,, its not 240 hours per month, its 240 hours MAX in 2 mths and 220 average in 2 months
and furthermore, its attitudes like yours that will make you a welcome member of the Long Haul Division

good luck and be part of what we hope will be a great future for us all

RedTBar
13th Jan 2008, 03:45
look who's back..Tbar

Funny thing about our job surfside and that is we move around a bit.Sorry that I'm not online all the time like some.But maybe stubby is right and most with numbers here are in an office in mascot.That would explain a lot.

I didnt claim the re evaluation of the LHR base as my own.
Didn't say you did but it seemed familiar

With the 380 it will be interesting to see how many crew go for them but there will be a number of them who want to be 'elite' for sure

surfside6
13th Jan 2008, 04:41
With all the rubbish rhetoric and innuendo you go on with I had hoped you'd disappeared...Alas no such luck.
At the time I joined PPrune alpha numeric user names were popular.
Every time you log in you have a little snipe at someone and then get upset when people retaliate.eg Firepussy and Packrat(Gee no alpha numeric there).
Now..where is that ignore button?
Should have done this earlier.

surfside6
13th Jan 2008, 04:44
When reading posts like yours I feel that I made the right decision by voting yes.
Indeed for someone like you the opportunities are boundless.
Welcome aboard.