PDA

View Full Version : is CX even worth applying?

bkdk
12th Jan 2008, 19:18
Is CX even worth applying for? I read in a lot of threads that a lot of people are leaving CX? Why is that? And once you finish the training in Australia and everything, do you get to choose where your base is?

MidgetBoy
12th Jan 2008, 22:17
Well, to my knowledge, for the Cadet Program, you stay in HK until you get promoted til F/O and then you can have a chance in changing base, though it probably still goes by seniority.

CXChildLabour
15th Jan 2008, 14:08
Of course it's worth applying, if you can't find a better paying job anywhere else that is..............................

MidgetBoy
15th Jan 2008, 17:38
This was like in my CPP interview: If Cathay would never ever hire you, would you work for China Airlines?
"Ofcourse, any pilot job in an airline is fine by me for the time being, I can always upgrade to a different airline in the future."
Doesn't hurt to apply.

CXChildLabour
18th Jan 2008, 18:22
This begs the following question:
1. So why doesn't cathay now offer ex-CADETs, after working for 3.5 years as SOs without housing full Expat package???

2. More importantly, why don't ex-CADETs now DEMAND full Expat package once they reach FO rank after 3.5 years as SOs??

3. How can AOA not demand on behalf of ex-Cadets full expat package for all FO's and above in order to allow this new scheme to go ahead since it involves adding people to the seniority list who are not CATHAY pilots!!!

1. Simple. If you're CX and got 2 potential SOs right in front of ya. Which one would you send down to ADL for 3.5 years? The one that doesn't get housing or the one that takes an extra 45k a month?

2. Good question, ask AOA about it, I'm sure you'll get a prompt answer in no time. (that's if you consider eternity is actually quite a short time to wait)

3. Ah, once again, ask AOA about it. Cadet housing is probably one of the things they talk about a lot, after they finished talking about the nice new flashy car or yacht or holiday home or the fifth wife they just got.

dustyprops
19th Jan 2008, 21:19
bkdk, don't do it mate. Just don't.