PDA

View Full Version : FAA Flt. Eng. Basic & Turbojet 96% !. ex-RAF, NEED JOB! NOW!

RCBailey
24th Jul 2001, 18:44
Still looking for Flight Engineer post, 1st break in civilian world(ex RAF). FAA exams, Basic and Turbojet passed 96%, plus recently passed FAA class 2 medical as required.
Also CAA ppl medical. Hold PPL and FAI International Sport Pilots licences!.... and experienced Ground Engineer....AND.... licensed Aircraft Inspector....!
NOW GIVE ME A BLOOMING JOB!!!!! [email protected]

--------------------
null :rolleyes:

Ivan aromer
25th Jul 2001, 00:58
Try channex

4Screwaircrew
25th Jul 2001, 20:26
Channex are not really an option at the moment, Electra FE's move to the A300 and the Electra fleet has reduced by one this year. You would also need the CAA exams as with the exception of the 737 all the aircraft operated by our own crews are UK registerd.

[ 25 July 2001: Message edited by: 4Screwaircrew ]

Lu Zuckerman
25th Jul 2001, 21:17
Try Air Transat. They open classes for flight engineers on a periodic basis.

raitfaiter
28th Jul 2001, 11:52
Try Air Antique sorry Atlantique at Coventry.
;)

wheelchock
28th Jul 2001, 14:50
Give me this give me that.....By the sounds of it you don't even hold a lic.The written test is useless on itself.......Doubt anyone would give you a job based upon a written test.

raitfaiter
30th Jul 2001, 20:18
Especially with only 96%, I thought it was impossible to score less than 100% in an FAA exam..... :D

CR2
31st Jul 2001, 04:14
Come on folks; I wouldn't know one way or another; leave the slagging to other forums (forae?).
I'd always hoped that FD would be on a slightly higher level than the usual "shoot him/her down" on R&N.

raitfaiter
31st Jul 2001, 20:45
ey oop, the fun detectives are out!!! :rolleyes:

GlueBall
1st Aug 2001, 03:22
You can't get an F/E job with only the written test completed. You need the full F/E turbojet certificate.

For a cool job website:
click here (http://climbto350.com)

:cool:

oligoe
27th Jun 2003, 22:16
I am exactly in the same case as you, I've got a PPL, a Jar66 B1 and B2 licence and was almost ready to take the flight engineer FAA exam. But I gave up.... after many month of job seeking, i found out that there is no chances. Especially if you look what the requierements are in the Jar FCL4.
But if it can give you some hope, I know somebody that did get a FE job on a VIP dc-8 with only the FE written, but he was alreary working on the bird as a mecanics.
I wish you good luck.

OOOps, all these posts are already 2years old...
By the way, if RCBailey still comes sometimes on this page, can he tell me if he's found a job or something during those 2 years?

coopervane
30th Jun 2003, 06:40
F/E Jobs?.....what are they! Maybe in the states u may have a chance but in Europe they are pretty rare.

Air Alantique told me they dont have em on the DC6......they use wannabe pilots.

I got time on the 727 and unless I pay for a type rating on the A300 B4 I dont think I gonna get any work. Even then you gotta have hours on the type.

Options?

Africa
States/Canada
Back to the RAF

Possible Airlines?
Air Atlanta Iceland 747-200

Channex A300-B4

EAT (DHL) A300 B4

Swift Air (Espania) 727

MNG Turkey A300 B4

Air Contractors Herc./727

Exec. 727 Saudi

or..........
spend some dosh and become a jet jock!

Coop & Bear

STAGE COACH DRIVER
30th Jun 2003, 22:21
Not much chance of an F/Es job unless you get rid of the ex BA over 65 beer money boys !

Airguitar
1st Jul 2003, 01:50
Hear Hear !!

Any FE over 60 and still "Hobby Fly'ng" has no concern for the industry or the profession while younger FE's sit at home and try to feed their families.

Face it.. We can still see,, can still climb the stairs to the cockpit and be counted as "able bodied" when the dwang hits the turbofan.

There are many young guys ready and willing to proudly carry the FE torch across the finish line in the few remaining years. Pass the baton and we'll meet you in the pub afterwards.

Foxy Flyer
2nd Jul 2003, 08:18
Well said guys. I wish that the ex BA FEs and pilots would just retire gracefully to their holiday homes and enjoy their large pensions.

THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT HERE WHO NEED JOBS TO FEED THEMSELVES.

411A
3rd Jul 2003, 00:33
Watched a parade of these BA guys come thru SQ years ago, and when they found out that they actually had to work for their salary, they beat a hasty retreat back to the UK.

Then a few showed up at UL years later, seemed to stay there longer, mainly because nearly everyone else left... :uhoh:

If any pilots/FE's here with DC10 experience need a job, we might have a few openings later this year, depending on contracts pending. Send a PM. FAA licenses required, mainly for training ease re: recent US Justice Department regulations.

oligoe
3rd Jul 2003, 01:55
That's exactly what i ment on my previous post, the few jobs you might find are only given to experienced FEs. There is no chance anymore in our days to start with that job. The days where you could apply, as an A/C engineer, with no Fe experience are gone forever.

FE Hoppy
4th Jul 2003, 07:30
I've spent most of the last 2 years out of work with 6000hrsTT 4500 on tristars.
It's taken me this long to sus that the FE trade is now dead.
The problem really is what can an ex-FE do???

I'm going to have to throw away 15 years and start at the bottom of the ladder again.:ugh:

oligoe
8th Jul 2003, 18:48
Maybe there is still a chance for you, I saw in the last JP airline fleet book that many Tristars went to africa (Congo, Sierra Leone..). With an experience like yours, I would keep trying.
I just hope they will install an FE panel in the A380, I don't think it will make it much more expencive to operate...

Flight Detent
9th Jul 2003, 19:50
Hi, "FE HOPPY",

I know what you mean, I've been flying as a professional Flight Engineer since 1977, now with around 13,880 hours TT, incl. around 2900 on B727s, and around 5,300 on B747s. (I guess all that means is that I've been 'around')

Does that mean that I have to throw away the last 26 years experience, plus the ten years prior to that as a ground engineer, and restart something else all over, I guess it does!

Daunting, to say the least, but I'm not ready to retire just yet!

Cheers

arni1072
13th Jul 2003, 23:08
Hi RC Bailey

Just wondering why your original post does not contain CAA Exam F/E Pass?

Maybe I misread what was written?

Are you trying to obtain a JAA/CAA licence without the tech/ F/E Examinations?

If so I think you may come a little unstuck and it maybe the reason you have not received the 'break' in the past.

It is very unusual for anyone to get a CAA/JAA FE licence without the CAA Tech/Fe exam pass. Although one or two (with FAA F/E licence which entitled them to a Canadian licence then an Exemption to JAA) may have done so in the past, that little loophole has been firmly slammed shut.

In my very little experience I heard that some of those who are still operating with the double exemption are now being asked to complete the required JAA Tech/Fe exams. However when the JAA bluff was called to provide F/E exams, another 1 year extention to the validation miraculously appeared!!!

The CAA are still following the JAA guideline that there is no requirement for F/E's on present day or future A/C. Lets hope they continue to be wrong!!!

Good luck to all those who are looking.

arni

:ok:

Schrodingers Cat
14th Jul 2003, 01:11
I think you'll find that RC Bailey now works for CX...........;)

oligoe
28th Aug 2003, 02:02
One thing that interest me is did someone get a PFE job just by having passed his FAA flight engineer written exam + a mecanics licence and where did they do their type rating. Is it still possible ?
Because I searched for hours on the internet without finding one school giving a type course to somebody who doesn't have a CPL/IR.
In europe it's even worse, I read the Jar FCL4 and it's clearely stated that you have to be a frozen ATPL to be an FE.
Does somebody know a company used to employe begineers ?
Did somebody had such a luck ? One day you must start, nobody is born with 5000 hours on his logbook !
Thanks in advance....