PDA

View Full Version : FAA Licence

LeeVanCleef
12th Jan 2008, 10:43
Morning all. New to the prune so il satrt by saying hello.
Im Currently a serving RAF Fairy but ive "PVR'd" to join the world of cilvil aviation.
Id like to ask about FAA Licencing, i plan to start my licencing soon, however, i had a few days ago an idea thrown at me that was intruiging.
I was told that its possible to attend a one month course in the states to gain an FAA licence, (being that i have already done an apprenticeship) and then do some follow up work back home to gain a B2.
Bearing in mind il have a certain amount of time for resettlement before i leave the raf, and i have much leave left to take, could anyone enlighten me as to if there is any truth behind this, and if so where i could find the info required.

Thanks in advance

LVF.

spannersatcx
12th Jan 2008, 11:00
You've been misinformed, there are previous threads on here about A&P licence and stuff.

Firstly you need a letter from and airline that says you will or have been working on N registered a/c. You then need to take this letter with a letter of proof of experience from the CAA or similar organisation to the FAA. All of this you have to pay for. You will have a chat with the FAA who will either say yes or no that they consider you acceptable to hold an A & P. Then you can go and sit the FAA exams, or attend the ACME school of A & P things.

After you have then obtained an A & P, put it in a drawer somewhere, as it has no bearing at all towards an EASA B2 licence, you then have to take the 12 or so module exams to gain a B2.

LeeVanCleef
12th Jan 2008, 11:22
So id just be best served to get straight into getting the modules done with the caa.
I thort it would be too good to be true, but it was worth asking anyway.

Thanks

Jibroni
18th Jan 2008, 22:19
I got my UKCAA A&C in 80's and recently hold FAA A&P. The UKCAA A&C ticket and other proof of aviation maint experience will will onlu get you a sign off from the FAA to attempt the 3 part knowledge tests without having to attend classes which is required for direct entry aviation maint hopefuls.

I was able to endorse my UK A&P ticket into many other license in the same cat during my time working in ASIA but not in Uncle SAM country.