PDA

View Full Version : National Aerospace

chilldog
11th Jan 2008, 21:16
Hi All,
I am completing my CPL and have done IREX with initial multi-training. Am looking to go down to Essedon to National Aerospace and do there MECIR with endorsements and potential employment in Darwin. Does anyone have some recent experience with this company? And do they come through with what they offer?
Chilldog.....

mr.tos
11th Jan 2008, 21:29
Mate, you will get much more information if you try the D&G forum.:ok:

gamma69
12th Jan 2008, 22:14
I Have heard plenty of stories about NAT and they all seem to turn out bad!

Maybe try doing instrument rating at another school and go look for a job saving money and hopes and dreams.

There is a good deal of jobs out there now no need to buy a job.

Cap'n Arrr
13th Jan 2008, 07:36
I've heard that if your good enough to get one, a reference/recommendation for a job by Johnstons in PMQ is VERY highly respected in the industry.

Arrr

Lasiorhinus
13th Jan 2008, 07:40
as far as I remember you get a chieftan and a 210 endo with about 15 ICUS on each.

Not another one:ugh::ugh:

Macrage
13th Jan 2008, 23:22
I know a few guys who have been through the program myself. Although it is pretty $$$$$$$ the ones I know who have done their full time program have done pretty well. Their up in Darwin flying Twin's getting command time and some have already moved onto airline jobs so it can't be all bad.
You did have a pretty fair point that paying for a job certainly seems to be the old fashioned way of doing things now that Airlines are growing and hearing all the tune of "Pilot Shortages" but for the guys I know who did NAT's pilot program they seem to be doing quite well.

....and no I DON'T work for them!!

Macrage
14th Jan 2008, 11:38
"The current twin IFR program has only been introduced just over a year ago"

Well, unfortunately I have to disagree with that one. The Darwin base has been around about 3 years so far and the Twin / ICUS program has been around just as long. The guys I know who did the Twin and ICUS program... one is now a F/O for Tiger (ran into him today actually), two are QANTASLink F/O's and one is an F/O for REX. I spoke to one of them today and what you said is correct, it takes a while to get your ICUS but once its finished and if you get a job offer and checked to line then the flying is pretty regular. He also made the point that not everyone gets offer of employment... most do but some leave out of choice. Perhaps better job offer elsewhere but who knows. My advice these days is to build your hours yourself, earn them off your own back and take pride in it later rather than the pay option.