PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Airport Thread

rsutt1
11th Jan 2008, 16:23
Apparent Incident at BRS??? anyone know anything???

manrow
11th Jan 2008, 16:25
Might be just the weather.

M5 shut between Almondsbury and Thornbury etc.. due flooding?

rsutt1
11th Jan 2008, 16:26
it was snowclo, reopened and now closed indefinately due runway incident.

So whats going on?

Assurgent
11th Jan 2008, 16:31
Ops normal

rsutt1
11th Jan 2008, 16:33
good to know!!

Was there any 'runway incident' which was reported at EGFF.

speedrestriction
11th Jan 2008, 20:40
Was there any 'runway incident' which was reported at EGFF.

I landed there earlier...didn't think it was that bad!! :eek:

Goldilocks95
11th Jan 2008, 22:11
great...tiny bit of snow....runway closed.....loads of diversions and more canx flights. im now looking forword tommorow even more!!!

oh well, cant help the weather-safety first-id sooner have more cancellations, more delays then any major incident.

saturday mornings are the worst anyway-so this is gonna add to the fun!

andy_smith89uk
11th Jan 2008, 22:59
Looking at the BRS arrivals and depatures boards this evening it looks as if BRS has truly become a 24hr airport tonight.........!!!! Hope the overtime is good for you guys stuck working there. :(

GeorgEGNT
5th Feb 2008, 20:24
Hello, I'm flying down to Bristol from Newcastle on the 19th Feb, was just wondering if anyone could supply me with information on how to get to various locations from the terminal, and reccomend which one is best.

All help would be greatly appreciated.
G-EGNT

Patrichards
7th Feb 2008, 08:10
Leave arrivals and turn right, go out of the airport to the A38. Then head right and you then pass under the 27 runway approach. Keep going and you will see the main apron behind you. Try Gary Morris's Bristol Int Enthusiasts site www.eggd.co.uk (http://www.eggd.co.uk) for more info.
Pat

Standard Noise
9th Feb 2008, 07:01
I can't believe the guy who runs the spotters' website is encouraging other 'enthusiasts' to stand at a crash gate while spotting!
With a lack of parking round there, it leads to people leaving their cars in front of these gates and quite often, wandering off. I would like to think that spotters weren't stupid enough to park there, but everyday I go to work, I see that they are.
Still, if you can afford a car strong enough that it can withstand a collision with a Fire vehicle, then good luck to you.