PDA

View Full Version : JAA CPL

outermarker
9th Jun 2000, 05:18
I'm planning to visit England/Ireland towards the end of the year and would like to do some work while over there, possibly even permenantly. I have the right to live and work in England, and can claim citizenship. How difficult, and what is involved in exchanging an Australian/New Zealand CPL, SPIFR, FI to the English or JAA equivalent. Are there many jobs going over there at the moment, what can of work is going?

At the moment I am just short of 500 hours TT but only 30 twin.

Any replies muchly appreciated
Cheers

Wheeliebin
14th Jun 2000, 05:23
Did the same capper two years ago and managed to score a good job. Story is the UK CAA are totally irrational in this department and make you do ALL theory exams and flight training and test again. At current rates you won't a lot of change out of $A20,000. Job prospects aren't bad but you still have to do a lot of hard chasing to find that job.

Robbo2Alpha
15th Jun 2000, 22:13
outermarker, I doubt you will have the necessary intelligence to obtain a JAA licence if you think there is, or even was, such a thing as an 'English' licence. The ignorance of some of you colonials astounds me, considering almost 50% of 'Kiwi Europeans' were my fellow countrymen.

DING- -DUCK50
16th Jun 2000, 02:45
R2Alpha
"Colonials"?!? :mad: :mad: :mad:
Outermarker asked a reasonable question, you gave a smart@rse reply that did little to show your obviously superior level of intelligence. As for "ignorance", re read your own post.
(I wonder if there is a place where you can go and buy a life...) :rolleyes:

Robbo2Alpha
16th Jun 2000, 15:58
Ding, not smart a*se (I will leave that to you, you are obviously an expert), just making a point, if someone can not bother to get even simple geography right, do you really want them over here? I think not, that is all I was saying, pull your head in.

[This message has been edited by Robbo2Alpha (edited 16 June 2000).]

NIMBUS
23rd Jun 2000, 10:25
R2A,
You will have to explain it to me.....
I, in my ignorance, read Outermarkers post,and I cannot see how his geography is wrong.
Also, you indicate that there is no such thing as an "English" licence. If he had said 'British', or 'UK', or 'CAA' would that have been OK? Same thing, I think, unless some kind of wishful Nationalist feelings are hurt. I see from your profile that you are in Scotland, and your interest is .."living in the best country on the planet..". Don't give up! Some day you will leave Scotland and fulfill your interest!

Colonel Sanders
26th Jun 2000, 08:04
You sent us, "Colonials" to the land of Sunshine and Chicks. Robbo mate, you really have a chip on your shoulder. Licence conversion is not a clear cut issue in Europe for all us non EU plebs, so cut us some slack.

The Colonel

DING- -DUCK50
26th Jun 2000, 08:19
Sorry for hi-jacking your thread, outermarker! :)

fitto
27th Jun 2000, 09:27
Yeah, what sort of knob send there convicts to a beautiful sunny country with heaps of chicks and stays in your pathetic little wet ****hole of a place. I've lived there your chicks,beer and wx are all very average so keep your last little sacred thing and make it hard for us to get our JAA FCL .Sorry if I offended any nice people I now there are some of you over there.

Robbo2Alpha
27th Jun 2000, 22:23
Nimbus, thank you for your reply, you have confirmed what many of us have always believed, yanks are thick! If you cannot see the difference between 'English' and UK, deary me! And for your information I have lived in a few very diverse countries, thats why I am back here!

fitto, fitto, lad, mate, what you on there son?? There were no 'chicks' there when the connies went out, you really should have listened at school!

fitto
28th Jun 2000, 06:26
r2a

GET THIS INTO YOUR HEAD TOOL .Im gunna find you and in true english fashion **** your abused **** with an axe.

give me your address ill see you in 3 weeks

SniperPilot
29th Jun 2000, 17:40
I think it was Billy Brag that said in the context of the UK relations/interaction with the rest of the World, England so much dominates that you may as well consider that it is England you are dealing with. I doubt for example that devolution would go so far as to allow Scotland (or Wales) to set up their own CAA (not that they would probably ever want to.

Gooneybird
3rd Jul 2000, 06:10
Some of the above comments may well help to explain why the more open minded Brits such as myself are findingit increasingly difficult to travel these days.
Just one question though.
Why do antipideans want to move from warm beaches and endless scenic landscape to come and live in the already overpopulated soggy isle?

huntsman
3rd Jul 2000, 07:19
just a quick one for robbo2alpha
if intelligence comes into it how much did you pay for your training?

Colonel Sanders
4th Jul 2000, 17:08
I'm only doing the JAR ATP in the UK via a distance course so I can work in Scaninavia and be with the girlie.

The Colonel