PDA

View Full Version : Qantas & Virgin Blue Cabin Crew Medicals

sam.lk7
11th Jan 2008, 09:42
Hello Everyone,

I would like to know what Qantas and Virgin Blue medicals consist of, basically, what kind of things do they test. In particular, i would like to know if colour vision is assessed, and if it is required to have perfect colour vision to get the job (i am colour vision deficient)...

I hope someone can help put my mind to ease :eek:

thanks

dirty deeds
11th Jan 2008, 17:59
Can't help you with QF as I don't work there. As for VB, as long as you can hold a class one medical your fine. As for colour blind restrictions on your class one medical I am not sure. I know that in the past some colour blind issues restrict a pilot to domestic ops??? Hope this helps, otherwise try and call someone at VB and find out.
DD.

sam.lk7
12th Jan 2008, 05:41
The medical would be for cabin crew, not pilot, so i dont have a class 1 medical, are cabin crew assessed for colour vision?

sam.lk7
15th Jan 2008, 00:17
....anyone?

sam.lk7
21st Jan 2008, 04:49
does anyone know if cabin crew in AUS are assessed for colour vision?

Mr Seatback 2
21st Jan 2008, 05:19
I don't know specifically what the airlines measure for with regards to vision (I believe it's just the normal vision chart). I've been through a number of medicals in my time for Qantas, etc. and haven't been measured for colour vision AS YET...but these things keep changing with each year.

A good thing to do would be to contact a CASA DAME (an aviation doctor), who actually has the authority by CASA to conduct medicals for pilots and cabin crew. They'd be the best authority to determine your fitness to fly in the capacity of cabin crew, with a colour vision problem.