PDA

View Full Version : First post and first flight on Air Asia KUL-REP: any comment on reliability?

BiziBB
11th Jan 2008, 04:01
Hello and Happy New Year.

I'm seeking any comments on AirAsia flight reliability ex-KUL and ex-REP for late this month.
(My first try of a ULCC - on this route MH doesn't even fly direct REP-KUL!)

As these are once-daily flights, where can I find stats on reliability or info on what SLF pax are expected to do in the event of delays?

Realising LCCs could do as little (nothing!) as Ryan Air, I've padded some days in but still appreciate a pointer.

Thanks for allowing us SLF people to post here.

FYI our trip is a real mixture:
QF SYD-BNE
EY BNE-SIN
MH SIN-KUL in F
MH KUL-MLE in J
MH MLE-CMB in J
SQ CMB-SIN in J
BA SIN-SYD in J
(and probably Air Asia KUL-REP-KUL in SLF!) :8

(Yes, I've been on a few other forums but figure I'll eventually find someone with Air Asia knowledge somewhere. I hope to keep in touch or report on the trip later.)
Cheers!

ladyflyby
11th Jan 2008, 13:50
My brother flew Air Asia X return from OOL to KUL and said they were great, especially for the price. He had a nice big A330, I think yours will be the A320. Like with any flight, just have a plan B in case anything does go wrong! I am very jealous of your itinerary. You won't be short of places to stay in KUL if you are delayed - why not check up on flightstats.com to see if it is regularly delayed (most probably down to weather) Air Asia have a much better reputation that Ryanair!!!!

BiziBB
12th Jan 2008, 22:49
Air Asia quotes 85% on-time for Nov. 07 on its website but I'd like to find stats for KUL LCCT - REP.

Due to our late arrival at KUL and 07:00 flight next morning we will stay around the airport.

Is it practical to stay at the airside hotel?
We'd obviously need to clear immigration early in the morning to get out of KUL and into the KUL LCCT, right?

We can't get a shuttle airside KUL-KUL LCCT?

Maybe we're better to clear immigration and stay at the ground-side hotels, to quickly get a taxi to the LCCT 10-15mins away?

WHBM
13th Jan 2008, 22:51
I have a business colleague who lives in Phnom Penh and meets me in KL. He always uses Air Asia nowadays and they have always been on time both ways.

The KL base has now converted entirely to brand new A320s, and the older 737s have gone from here.

If you want to get a feel for the punctuality, have a look on the web at the KL airport arrivals board over several days, and compare to MH for equivalent services.