PDA

View Full Version : casa ATO

bia botle
5th May 2000, 13:45
would anyone having imformation on any Aust. registered ATO's operating in Europe, could you please let me know.
Ta.

Tinstaafl
8th May 2000, 00:26
Just out of curiosity, what test do you need to do?

I had some test approvals prior to leaving Oz. Don't know what would be involved in having those approvals again - particularly for operations this far from a CASA FOI.

Fairly certain it would be an expensive exercise. Probably cheaper to fly back to Oz & do your renewal there...

Meeb
9th May 2000, 01:03
I imagine its for your CIR renewal? I asked the CASA this very question a few months ago and the answer was there are no ATO's operating in the UK for CIR renewals. They advised me just to renew next time in Aus, which is probably the best option as the IREX will not lapse, although someone had once told me it would!

Tinstaafl
9th May 2000, 01:11
Exam credits won't lapse however the flight test required will depend on how long your instrument rating has lapsed.

If your CIR has lapsed for less than a year then you usually will only have to do those parts of the test appropriate for a RENEWAL of your instrument rating

If your CIR has lapsed for more than a year then you will have to do the test appropriate for the INITIAL ISSUE of an instrument rating.