PDA

View Full Version : EASA Standard CofA

2close
10th Jan 2008, 12:45
Thought I'd try the experts as well as end users.

Last year our group had a CofA carried out by a non-Part 145 maintenance organisation.

However, according to the CAA G-INFO website the aircraft (C-172, private use only) has in force an 'EASA STANDARD CofA' valid to 23 May 2008.

My understanding was that once an EASA CofA has been issued this was in force for the life of the aircraft and only Annual inspections were required thereafter.

We have now been informed by our nominated Part 145 organisation that we have to have another 'Star Annual' in order to comply with EASA Regulations.

Does anyone happen to know what the actual score with this is and where I can find chapter and verse legislation on this issue?

Cheers,

2close

doppleganger
10th Jan 2008, 18:41
Have a look at Airworthiness Notice No.7 Appendix 2.

It may be something to do with your CofA being issued before 28 September 2007, and hence was still an "expiring" CofA.

Rigga
11th Jan 2008, 20:05
I believe non-expiring c of a's will be issued on or after 28th Sept 2008. All c of a's leading up to that date will (should) be expiring on that date (at the latest) for the non-expiring ones to start.
(Only the CAA could try to do this - and we end-users wait to be proved wrong!)
By the way - if your next c of a can't be done by a Part 145 Subpart F/G Holder, the CAA will no doubt charge much more than you're used to. Time to get it sorted out.

Check the C of A document - I'm sure you'll find it has a UK reference number, not EASA Form 25 (or whatever)

ARINC
16th Jan 2008, 02:17
I believe non-expiring c of a's will be issued on or after 28th Sept 2008. All c of a's leading up to that date will (should) be expiring on that date (at the latest) for the non-expiring ones to start.
(Only the CAA could try to do this - and we end-users wait to be proved wrong!)
By the way - if your next c of a can't be done by a Part 145 Subpart F/G Holder, the CAA will no doubt charge much more than you're used to. Time to get it sorted out.

Correct...

http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=720&pagetype=87&gid=800