PDA

View Full Version : Flying in Cordoba, Argentina

Mike Whiskey Romeo
10th Jan 2008, 08:59
Hi all,

I'm thinking of spending June in Cordoba, Argentina. I would like to do a few hours flying while there.

I am from Ireland and hold a UK issued JAR PPL. How do I go about getting this validated in Argentina?

Also does anyone have a link for flying schools in Cordoba that hire out aircraft?

Thanks

Micheál

knifedge
20th Jan 2008, 18:51
Michael,

The Authority of aviation is located in Retiro, is the Fuerza aerea Argentina, and is located in the Edificio Condor, near the Sheraton.

Ask for the office of HABILITACION Y FOMETO, where they look after the licences. I don't know in Cordoba, but they should know in Buenos Aires offices.

If You want to fly in Buenos Aires, go to SAN FERNANDO airport where most of the flying schools are.

Good luck,

Bernardo.

Mike Whiskey Romeo
28th Jan 2008, 22:59
Thanks Bernardo i'll look into it!

BelArgUSA
29th Jan 2008, 00:26
Hola Michael -
xxx
Validating your PPL is no problem... bring in you licence, log book, passport, a couple of ID pictures maybe, and a few $$$, they will do it within a couple of hours. If you arrive at EZE, take the airport bus "Manuel Tienda de Leon" to San Martin, which is just next to Retiro (a big train station). You could even walk to Edificio Condor, which is just behind the Sheraton as Bernardo said.
xxx
Cordoba area is great for flying, but a little cold at times in June. Weather is generally good. Right around there and Cosquin, pretty nice tourist areas etc... Consider even a flight to Mendoza to see the Cordillera. Also start of the ski season, maybe think about going to Bariloche...? Great place. Scenic flight from Mendoza to Bariloche along the mountains.
xxx
Yes - San fernando best place around BsAs to rent planes, but you might find airplanes in Cordoba too. Do you speak Spanish...? I could look for you but I am in vacations in Brazil right now. You can try the web with the Spanish Google " www.google.es " or try also " www.yahoo.com.ar " search on phone listings for escuelas de pilotos.
xxx
:)
Happy contrails

emirmorocan
29th Jan 2008, 15:14
:EVisit Santa Fé and Parana too. Dont let to buy some Alfajores:}

captnlear
5th Feb 2008, 01:54
Chaeck this site, http://www.cra.gov.ar/ . You will find al you need to validate your licences and flight time.
Jose

cumulus pajaritus
7th Feb 2008, 11:36
Near Cordoba City you have Olmedo Aeroclub http://www.aeroclubcba.com.ar/Fotos.htm

A bit north of the local airport you have Club de Planeadores Juarez Cellman (Gliding Club), I do not remember if they rent planes there (besides gliders).

And if you go to the hills, Alta Gracia has another AeroClub-Gliding Club.

Many foreign pilots are joining our skies, transfering your licence is not as hard as we imagine. Nevertheless, you will have to consider spending few days in Buenos Aires for this.

Another important note for an Irish, the local beer´s name is Quilmes.

Buena Suerte!

apachepilot1
7th Feb 2008, 17:22
Is it necessary to speak Spanish to fly in Argentina on a validated license? I cannot read the website for the aviation authority very well...can someone help me understand how to validate my license? I have FAA and Canadian, and I am leaving for Argentina in 4 weeks and would like to rent a plane while I am there. I realize that this has sort of been answered, but I am looking for a bit more precision. Thanks to whoever can help me.

PA38-Pilot
7th Feb 2008, 23:37
As far as I know, the only way you are going to be able to validate your license is if you are able to communicate on the radio 100% in Spanish, without any problems.

cosmiccomet
8th Feb 2008, 02:04
The biggest problem for flying in Argentina for a foreigner is the licence validation.
It is not so easy, first of all you have to have a certificate from your aviation authority of your flight time, medical and licences. This certificate must be endorse by the Argentine consulate in the country of issued.
Other way is to have your logbook endorse with the Haya Stamps.

With all these certificates you have to go to the Argentine's aviation authority, after two or three weeks, they are going to give you a certificate. With that certificate you have to go to the INAC to take
a written exam, only three dates per year, and after all you can go finally to the airport to rent an airplane for a fly check.

Other way is to take the medical in Argentina an fly for the Argentine's authority as student with a CFI and log the flight time in your original logbook.

I hope this will help you.

Izabaz
22nd Nov 2011, 11:46
This thread is a bit old, and I would like to know if anybody has done the license conversion recently.

- How easy is it to obtain the possibility to fly in Argentina with a European license?
- What about if you also hold an FAA license (obtained through the European one)?

I have the same questions for Brazil, Uruguay and Chile.

Thanks for any help.

Iza