PDA

View Full Version : Class 1 medical assistance...

Wing_man
10th Jan 2008, 08:22
Hi guys,

Just joined the network and I am impressed! I am about to take a class 1 medical at Gatwick however i am worried about the urine test since i am bit of a fitness freak and take a lot of suppliments.
Would this have an adverse effect on the results?
Hope some one can help me.

Thanks

Philpaz
10th Jan 2008, 09:14
I wouldn't think so provided the supplements you take are legal and you declare them.

Phil

Wing_man
10th Jan 2008, 09:33
Yea they are but some are a bit iffy such as Norateen and i also have a high protein intake which may be a problem. I read they test for protein in the urine, weather a high protein intake has an effect on this is unknow to me.

Thanks for prompt reply :ok:

Wing_man
10th Jan 2008, 12:32
http://www.bodyactive-online.co.uk/Shopping/PdLAMuscle-Norateen.asp

here are the details of the product. I have taken it for a while and has the same effect (not as strong) as anabolic steroids.

coodem
12th Jan 2008, 17:05
I tought the urine sample was only used if something else out of the ordinary popped up during the medical.

No proof, just what I heard from others

maxdrypower
12th Jan 2008, 17:11
ask about this on the medical forum youll probably get a mor informed response. Other than that stop taking the supplements fo a week or two

bluepeely
12th Jan 2008, 18:08
yeah just stop taking them before your medical.. give it a few weeks

ksa5223
12th Jan 2008, 20:16
hey man i have done my class 1 medical, that stuff you linked us is just a natural test booster, it used plant extracts to boost it naturally.

steroids boost it about 50 times and these products about 2 - 3 times. Nothing to worry about.. I take similar rubbish...

It won't effect the test.

Wing_man
14th Jan 2008, 16:32
Cheers Guys for the help :ok:

AlphaMale
14th Jan 2008, 17:25
Let us know how the results go.

Out of curiosity have you noticed any difference taking this stuff? for that kinda price you could pick up stronger stuff that would have effects. Are you into fitness or body building?

This has been at the back of my mind. I am 17 stone and around 6'3" and I train hard on the training field for rugby league and union where I play centre. So I am shall we call it 'bulky' and I hope this doesn't put airlines off me at the interviews.

I'll be trying to cut down in the summer and concentrate on speed and not strength but I still think I'll be 'bulky' when getting my fATPL :bored:

I know Underwood did ok - but he was never built like Scott Gibbs.

TheSwede
14th Jan 2008, 18:11
"Fitness freak" and worried about your medical!?

Don't you think that you have a bigger problem then your class 1?

AlphaMale
14th Jan 2008, 18:21
When you think he could blow £70k on training and two years later fail his class 1 medical renewal and then lose his airline job ... I guess the medical is quite important to him.

I for one will giving up rugby as it's a high impact sport and I can't imagine an airline being too impressed if I tried to fly with a cast on my wrist. :ooh:

Just because this guy can run a 5 km run without breaking a sweat doesn't mean he'll pass a class 1 medical.