PDA

View Full Version : work in Europe.

Gravox
17th Apr 2001, 07:44
G'day just enquiring about work in Europe. I am contemplating doing the JAA ATPL, and converting my Australian Licenses over. But what is the liklihood of getting a job afterwards. I have just under 1000hours, manly flying Cessna singles around the bush of Australia. I do have a M/E instrument rating with minimal twin time, instructors rating, and a Bachelor of Aviation degree. Is there much work with these qualifications. I am entilted to an EU passport through my grandfather...

Any replies much appreciated
Cheers mate

gearup-lightup
23rd Apr 2001, 02:47
but does your grandfather hold a jaa atpl?
with your time should be no probs, what an employer here is looking for:-
jaa atpl
current me i/r
a new multi-crew thing that i know sod all about
class 1 medical
english language[that might cause you assies a bit of trouble]
go for it,we have a pilot shortage here

Flying_Steph
23rd Apr 2001, 22:49
...a shortage of type rated pilots with PIC time, yes ! For the rest I wouldn't be so sure.

Don't give him false hopes.
;)

gearup-lightup
24th Apr 2001, 01:08
don't really think that false hope is the correct term, the "top end" is getting very short here, but it is filtering down,when you consider the utter shambles that the u.k. caa is in with regards to lic' issue, it is very hard to get one, and when you manage to get a lic', you only have about 250 hrs to go job hunting with, so anyone with over 1000 hrs should find the market good, and with some determination should be driving a jet in 12 months or so
things are good in euroland at the moment, so if you want to move over here, then get going, and good luck

Java
24th Apr 2001, 06:40
gearup-lightup, I am in a similar position to gravox. Do you have a Hotmail address I can contact you on to get some more details on working in the UK?
Much appreciated if you do.

Java