PDA

View Full Version : Pilot jobs Euro wide?

Island Air
22nd Apr 2000, 13:38
Is the UK the only country in Europe with an active recruiting situation? Anyone know of vacancies anywhere else in Europe where an experienced piston driver can get a good P1 job on a turbo prop? Thanks folks.

HungryPilot
23rd Apr 2000, 03:25
Nope, UK's about it right now. They have various scams running in several other European countries where you pay your type rating and pay for the privilege to work the radios. I wouldn't wish that upon my worst enemy.

Don't expect to go straight to command in a turbo prop though with only piston time.

------------------
It's all fun and games 'til someone gets poked in the eye.

Island Air
23rd Apr 2000, 13:41
But I can expect that Hungry, had offers in the UK but looking a bit further afield to see whats out there. It all depends on your experience, and you professionalism I have found! Good luck in your own search.

JJflyer
28th Apr 2000, 13:13
Hello Island
Who you know and where you are from also makes a big difference ...

JJ

Boomerang
29th Apr 2000, 16:16
Any Advice, I'm a pilot with Australian licenses, I have a right to a Dutch passport and am in the process of converting to a Dutch CPL. Can someone tell me who or what is my best chance to find work in Holland, or other parts. Have about 1300TT/650ME. Pls email.

brace_for_impact
30th Apr 2000, 11:54
Boomerang,
There are possibly a few options for you. A couple of the smaller companies in Holland are apparently recruiting but you can forget the likes of KLM (reducing capacity at the moment). As a start, try Denim Air at www.denimair.nl (http://www.denimair.nl) You need an ATPL, 1500 hours, and ME CIR as minmum for FO I think. They fly F50s and Dash8s and have big plans for expanding. Others that might be worth a shot are KLM Excel and Tulip Air. Outside of Holland, check out the easyjet website www.easyjet.com (http://www.easyjet.com) where you can submit your application online. Good luck

[This message has been edited by brace_for_impact (edited 30 April 2000).]

Dirtyharry
30th Apr 2000, 18:31
does anyone know of any campanies in spain that have taken on any UK licences pilots??
currently hold and ATPL with 2000 hrs, 700 multi.................

jetjackel
2nd May 2000, 05:42
Try Crossair. Basel Switzerland.