PDA

View Full Version : LEA

CaptainProp
9th Jan 2008, 15:16
Hi guys!

Saw that LEA was looking for pilots. Checked ppjn for pay info... 30K for a captain??!! Someone with info if this is correct or not?

Thanks!
/CP

saffron
11th Jan 2008, 07:27
Doesn't sound right,that would be F/O's pay,LEA have had to increase salaries considerably,like every one else,over the last few years. Industry rate for Lear 60 Captain is £60 -£65k pa

ABO944
11th Jan 2008, 09:56
Whats the salary for FO ? Are there any per diems ?

Cheers
:ok:

Arkwright
11th Jan 2008, 18:24
LEA are indeed recruiting now, and looking for both First Officer and Captains for the C510 Mustang; C560 Excel and EMB135BJ.

Salaries depend on which fleet you're talking about, but the basic salary ranges from £45K to £52k plus flight pay and per-diems. (Salary review pending end of March).

ABO944
11th Jan 2008, 18:59
Arkwright

Is that the FO salary range ?

Cheers

Arkwright
11th Jan 2008, 19:45
.....allow a few days for the updates to appear......

Arkwright
11th Jan 2008, 19:47
ABO944,

Those are Captains starting salaries. F/O's start from £22k to £36K depending on fleet.

plinkton
12th Jan 2008, 07:46
Arkwright:

LEA are indeed recruiting now

Two questions:

Do they still want a 50% contribution towards the type rating?
Are they actually recruiting or just interviewing? Every time I come across someone who has been invited for interview, they feel the same thing, that LEA seem to interview for no reason.I've twice been invited to see them and on both occasions the first thing they tell me is that they 'will be recuiting again in 6-12 months'. Also 'things have changed slightly in the last week and our plans are delayed'.

This is not just my experience BTW.

Obviously I was not 'succsessful' with them but have since found an excellent position so there are certainly no hard feelings, I just wonder why they seem to be constantly 'recruiting'.

Arkwright
12th Jan 2008, 12:40
Hello Plinkton,

I'm not sure about what has happened in the past, as I'm only just getting involved in the recruitment now.

Quote: "I've twice been invited to see them and on both occasions the first thing they tell me is that they 'will be recuiting again in 6-12 months'. Also 'things have changed slightly in the last week and our plans are delayed'."

Why would they invite you in if it wasn't for an interview?? Interviewing is very expensive, both in monetary terms and human resources. It sounds more like they suggested re-applying in 6-12 months??

LEA should have another 8-10 aircraft delivered this year, (subject to manufacturer delays!), will need approximately twenty crew, and have taken six so far.

Congratulations on your new position, that first jet job is most elusive!

Regards,

Arkwright

ABO944
12th Jan 2008, 15:37
Can anyone tell me what you can expect to bring home each month, including per diem's etc as an FO with LEA ? Just a ball park figure !?

flightlevelchange
14th Jan 2008, 22:22
has anyone got any idea on what they might be paying the other side of the cabin door lol, ie cabin crew, is it anything like Bluestream or are they paying the proper going rate??

Any info would be most welcome

Regards
FLC

angelorange
15th Jan 2008, 10:52
LEA don't seem to be on ppjn anymore?

Jump-Seat64
15th Jan 2008, 11:23
LEA are on PPJN, under CHARTER - UK not under corporate

Arkwright
15th Jan 2008, 22:57
http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/factfile.php?id=ftzhmmrj436v1ek63zswnrn46eqp3bh8s2h2au83j5k7 7v30ghh

Good Hunting!

manflexsrsrwy
10th Feb 2008, 12:39
LEA, a good company to work for if you make it into the ellusive boys club, run by a certain cheif pilot and his deputes...to me it seemed too much like being back at school and if you werent in the "cool kids" corner you wouldnt get promoted or bumped up to a different fleet.:{ Everything you get from the lower management is a fight and not to mentioned the bribing and back handed tactics you have to resort to with the upper levels.... but hey a job is a job...especially if its the first one...happy hunting all:ok:

too be fair, as bizjetjobs go your more likely to get work from them coz they are used by alot of brokers so there is regular work , however the pay really isnt up to par, but the night stops are good if money isnt ur driving factor.....

StressFree
10th Feb 2008, 15:54
Arkwright,
'Interviewing is very expensive' - really?

I've never applied to LEA but would be interested to know whats so expensive.............:}

Arkwright
10th Feb 2008, 18:14
Stressfree,

If you read my post again it said: Interviewing is very expensive, both in monetary terms and human resources.

I stand by that!!! I have spent over a week reviewing CV's and organising interview dates. I now have to interview and sim-ride the candidates, all of which is very expensive in human resources.

Whilst simulators are not as expensive as the real thing, you and I think on different terms if you think they are inexpensive to hire!

I'm a line pilot, so whilst I'm doing all these ground duties, theres every possibility the company will have to turn down charters that I should be flying....
I've never applied to LEA but would be interested to know whats so expensive.............

Theres not much thats MORE expensive than a jet sat on the ground!

V-PJ
10th Feb 2008, 20:18
Hello.

Do LEA recruit low hours people? I sent in a CV a couple of weeks ago and wondered whether I had a chance... 250hrs, current MeIR, MCC, willing to contribe to TR costs...etc... Seems like an interesting company to work for what with the arrival of the Mustangs.

Arkwright... I'd be grateful for your views.

Regards,

V-PJ